Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin isn't the only kid on the block anymore :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ShizZy

For those of you who haven't heard, I've been trying to get Gekko (GameCube emulator started by Lightning and I back in 2005) going again. Well, after quite a bit of time doing behind-the-scenes restructuring, and reorganizing the old gang, it seems like it's actually starting to happen Smile
  • We've launched new forums, which you can checkout here
  • We're on IRC - see #gekko on EFnet
  • Our new website is located here (old one still up, but will be moved soon)

We were several hours of coding behind Dolphin back when Gekko slowed down in 2008-2009, and we're now several hours + 4 years behind, so don't expect much. I can, however, say that the project is likely the #2 GameCube emulator, even if it's by a long shot Smile

Would love any support we can get from the Dolphin guys. Hope to hear from some of you around IRC/forums! I'm sure some of you will be hearing from me regarding dev help **erm** neobrain.

Best,
ShizZy
Welcome back and see you there. Big Grin
I get an "afxres.h not found" error while compiling, is there a way to fix that in VS2010?

ShizZy

(03-05-2012, 02:31 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]I get an "afxres.h not found" error while compiling, is there a way to fix that in VS2010?

Should work right out of the box with VS2010. "afxres.h" is a generated header for the resource.rc. If for some reason that isn't generating, I'd like to figure out why, but you can just remove the resource.rc file from the project for now (it's only used for the icon). If anyone has the same issue please let me know.

Any other code issues I would love to here them (I think I am the only one who is building the project right now!) - but I don't want to impose on the Dolphin forum with them, I would love it if you made an issue on our GoogleCode page or post a thread on our forum Smile
i was always dying to see what the gekko-emu was going to end up like Smile hope your comeback is a successful one