Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PLEASE HELP! Dolphin 3.0 64bit will not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

PurpZilla

Alright friends, I need some serious help here. I have seen many people complain about stupid, easily fixable errors that are a waste of time. Don't give me any of the answers that the dolphin website will give me, because they do NOT WORK.
I have an ASUS G53SX Laptop; i7 8-core 2.2ghz, nVidia GTX 560M 2gb, 16GB DDR3, etc.
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit at the moment. I have downloaded dolphin 3.0 (multiple times+multiple versions) and have been unsuccessful at everything I have attempted. Dolphin 2 (32bit) works fine, but dolphin 3.0 64bit will not work. I have installed/reinstalled/uninstalled/installed Microsoft Redist and had no success. I bogged down my computer with the Direct X updates, which I already have the newest version of DX11...
I have thrown in a VCOMP_100.dll file (tested both in dolphin folder and in my system folder), and once I do that, I get an 0xc000007b error. I have everything updated, looked online for at least 9 hours plus thus far, and am getting no where. Don't tell me I have a virus or something wrong with my laptop, because I'm a computer technician with two jobs of the trade. I have done a clean install TWICE with dolphin being the only user-prompted program on my computer, and still the same results. I tested this on my tower with Win7 Home Prem. and ended up with the same results.
If someone can actually give me an answer, not a suggestion that dolphin gives to anyone, but an actual solution, I will be very thankful.
---ALSO---: If you are experiencing this same issue, please respond to this thread in an attempt to allow it to gain popularity in hopes of adding more people searching for a solution to it. The more people we have aware of this problem, the faster we can get it fixed. I know for a fact many other people are running into this same issue from viewing other websites, and I understand how frustrating it is.
This is a serious problem, but sadly, not so serious to the people it isn't affecting. I don't blame them, but help would be GREATLY appreciated from many struggling users who are ready to or already have given up on it. Thanks you in advance for your time, help, and support!
You did it wrong. Don't randomly download DLL files and put them all over the place. It easily fucks up your system (and that might be the case for you already).

a) remove ALL of those VCOMP_100.dll files which you downloaded.
b) reinstall the VC runtime. USE AN UP TO DATE INSTALLER.

Note that this question has been asked like 200 times already and it's always the same mistakes that people are doing. I don't know how you've been searching for "9 hours", but I'm not sure you actually read the stuff you found.
(03-05-2012, 09:53 AM)PurpZilla Wrote: [ -> ]Don't give me any of the answers that the dolphin website will give me, because they do NOT WORK.
i stopped reading here...
and accepted that the problem sits behind the keyboard
The website is outdated, it doesn't link to the SP1 of the VC redist which is required for Dolphin.

PurpZilla

Alright.. call me an idiot. I just did.. once again... another clean install of windows 7 ultimate. I have added no programs. Just got done installing ALL windows updates which I hate, and have installed the correct, most up-to-date version of vcredist. The dll files aren't there that supposedly should be according to you fools, and so please explain why they aren't if i have done everything correctly and exactly like everyone has said, and why nothing is changing. Still getting a 'xinput1_3.dll' is missing. I downloaded the 2012 version of the dll, placed it in my C:/windows/system32 and it gives me the wonderful 0xc000007b error message. ????
You know, calling people on the forums "fools" isn't a great way to get help... Sad

At any rate, I think the Xinput 1_3.dll missing problem can be solved if you update your DirectX runtimes. I'm not a Windows user, but I think this is the link you need. Try that and see if it helps you. Also, you should probably get rid of any DLLs you manually downloaded.
(03-12-2012, 01:17 PM)PurpZilla Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded the 2012 version of the dll, placed it in my C:/windows/system32 and it gives me the wonderful 0xc000007b error message. ????

Read this:
(03-05-2012, 10:00 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]You did it wrong. Don't randomly download DLL files and put them all over the place. It easily fucks up your system (and that might be the case for you already).
(03-12-2012, 01:17 PM)PurpZilla Wrote: [ -> ]according to you fools,

Well then don't use dolphin if you hate us so much.
Quote:Well then don't use dolphin if you hate us so much.

Burned.

But in all seriousness, you are getting cross at people who are actually trying to help you. Don't assume that because you are a computer technician with two jobs you know more than these people. In fact, all the people who work in IT that I know know nearly nothing, except what things break, and how to fix them. They don't know why what they do fixes what it does, but they don't care. Now I don't know about you in particular, you may be one of the rare people who does on occasion know what they're talking about, but my response to that is:

Quote:Great, kid. Don't get cocky

You may know stuff, you may not, but there are times when you need to accept that others know more about some things than you do. If they've told you not to put dll files places except through the actual directX installer, which does put the dll there, and enters it correctly into the registry, I'd do what they say before doing something else instead. If it doesn't work, tell them that you did it and ask for further help politely, and I'm sure you'll be offered it. If you aren't then there isn't an answer yet, and you'll just have to go and learn to code and fix it yourself. Although the community is very helpful, they're not going to write you a personal revision, as, like they've said, the problem could lie behind the keyboard.

Who knows what they'll do. I personally think that if you change your attitude, and thank them for what they have done, even if it doesn't work you may have another shot.

PurpZilla

I understand how I'm coming off as a jerk to you guys but it's because I'm pretty pissed and have literally done everything you guys have advised so far. I have installed all windows updates, which idk wth that can help with this, but anyways; directx runtime update, microsoft c++ visual crap, and no other programs installed besides chrome. What you guys are saying makes perfect sense and it works on my other piece of junk machine, but on this one i get the same error no matter what. The dll's are obviously not being placed where they should be by the programs (without me touching them first off) and so i don't have a clue as to what is wrong here. This issue makes no sense
Pages: 1 2