Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Booting from archives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does dolphin have the capability to boot from archives like 7z? Because my hdd is broken, so im booting off an 8gb flash drive, and id like to play ssbb, which is 8gb...
No. You'll have to extract your file
Sad I was gonna archive my ripped iso and launch it. Sighs, is there a scrubber that gets rid of random padding and makes ssbb a much smaller file? I read about that somewhere, like paper mario is only 500 mb without all the random padding. is there an application for this?
You can compress your iso with Dolphin (.gcz format). WiiScrubber can compress your iso too but the .wbfs format isn't supported yet (there's a thread about that http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=21374)
What LordVador said. However, SSBB won't become much smaller by compression, will probably still be around 7 GB.
I have a good amount of GC games compressed with winmount. I went through a lot of trouble making it so dolphin would load a mou file. In the end it worked. I now have the same set GCZ's and its 20 meg more... so go with GCz, they are playable compressed and still darn small in size.