Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS. Are my specs bad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Autonomic1

Hello Everyone. I am getting a low FPS when playing any title. For example, in New Super Mario Bros, the speed I am getting is around 60-75% which is very slow and unenjoyably.
My Specs
-----------------
PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4GHZ
RAM: 4GB DDR3
GRAPHICS CARD: nVidia GTX 460

I have tried many revisions and I am currently on 3.0-419
The game was ripped from Wii onto External HDD if it matters but I have tried re-ripping it.
I messed with the config but even smaller games have a low speed.
Thanks Big Grin
I'd say your processor is too slow. You could try overclocking it. Smile

Autonomic1

(03-04-2012, 01:14 AM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say your processor is too slow. You could try overclocking it. Smile

Hmmm... What should I OC it to?
Do you know any good CPU coolers for overclocking?
Thanks
No, I'm not really a hardware freak. But other users in this forum can surely help you out there.
For overlocking, just go as far as you can without introducing stability issues.
it is best if you dont overclock with a stock cooler..you should buy an aftermarket one Smile (not that I have one but thats what I know) if you ask why..it is because your computer may be FRIED if you overclock with a stock cooler,and you dont want that to happen...do you?? Tongue
Sites with cooler reviews:

FrostyTech (very good)

X-bit Labs
Hardware Secrets
Hard OCP

Make sure it fits the AM2 socket.

The overclock is limited by your CPU (every CPU is different in this regard), your motherboard and your cooler. Overclocking is done by trial and error. You'll find many guides on the internet.