Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: random freezes...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i'm sorry, i should have red the rules earlier >.>

so anyway... here's the info:

PC info:

processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T567 @ 1.80GHz

RAM: 3,00 GB

system type: 32 bits

operative system: Windows 7

graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

dolphin info:

version 3.0

i attached screenshots of the configuration i use (WARNING: they're in spanish) (sorry i couldn't attach' em all -_-)

anyway... here's my problem... the game randomly freezes while i play... well... it doesn't exactly freeze... it goes very slow... for a few seconds... and it returns to its normal speed. it happens a lot of times... very often... what should i do... ?
Set your Dolphin language to "English" next time you're creating screenshots of your configuration. You also haven't mentioned what game you're trying to run.

Fwiw, sounds like your CPU is overheating or something. Check your temperatures while running Dolphin.
(03-02-2012, 10:46 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Set your Dolphin language to "English" next time you're creating screenshots of your configuration. You also haven't mentioned what game you're trying to run.

Fwiw, sounds like your CPU is overheating or something. Check your temperatures while running Dolphin.

the game i'm trying to run is Super Mario Sunshine. the speed is perfect... the only problem is those random freezings...

you say it may have something to do with the heat?
Yeah, use a program like realtemp to check your computers temperatures
If heat is the problem then it's too bad that it's a laptop you're on, I was going to suggest changing CPU cooler and reapply the thermal paste.
He could also try a notebook cooling pad
(03-02-2012, 07:38 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]He could also try a notebook cooling pad

Yeah that's about it for Laptops, it's not like he could change CPU cooler or reapply thermal paste like on a stationary PC.
For me this is just another reason not to get a Laptop. Laptops just ain't got the proper cooling in my opinion.
Quote:it's not like he could change CPU cooler or reapply thermal paste like on a stationary PC.
What are you talking about?
Ofcourse you can, although, it is not recommended for the average user.

Our fellow Dolphin Admin has also modified his laptop, added a custom fan on his processor and applied different thermal paste.
(03-02-2012, 08:12 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:it's not like he could change CPU cooler or reapply thermal paste like on a stationary PC.
What are you talking about?
Ofcourse you can, although, it is not recommended for the average user.

Our fellow Dolphin Admin has also modified his laptop, added a custom fan on his processor and applied different thermal paste.

Well when it comes to Laptops I'm a newb and as far away from a average user as possible.
I have built many stationary PCs in my days, but I would never ever touch a Laptop let alone tinker with it's components.

I don't know, I'm a strange guy that's all.
if heat is the problem, that could mean i may be dealing witha problem more serious than i thought...
btw, yes, i use a laptop...
Pages: 1 2 3