Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speed up the emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I just wanted to know what to I have to buy

I have intel core i3 3.3ghz
Ram 4g

And I'm playing sonic unleashed on dolphin but it 21 fps only

So should I buy a ram or a CPU please help
Dolphin doesn't use all that much RAM. In reality, as long as you have enough, RAM doesn't factor into Dolphin's performance. The CPU, on the other hand, is responsible for a lot of Dolphin's performance. If you want to see an improvement in Dolphin, get a better CPU. Your current CPU, however, looks okay for a lot of games. I suggest that you try overclocking it first, if possible, to see if you can manage full-speed on Sonic Unleashed.
(03-02-2012, 02:25 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin doesn't use all that much RAM. In reality, as long as you have enough, RAM doesn't factor into Dolphin's performance. The CPU, on the other hand, is responsible for a lot of Dolphin's performance. If you want to see an improvement in Dolphin, get a better CPU. Your current CPU, however, looks okay for a lot of games. I suggest that you try overclocking it first, if possible, to see if you can manage full-speed on Sonic Unleashed.

What does overclocking mean and how can I do this I have windows 7 32 bit
To be honest, people who don't know how computers work or how to Google for stuff shouldn't be using an emulator but just play the game on their Wii.
Dear I'm only 13 years old !!
(03-02-2012, 02:35 AM)Sonic riders Wrote: [ -> ]Dear I'm only 13 years old !!

What exactly does this change? ;p
I think that im young and I can't play in the bios

And now I'm remember what that mean it's in the bios

And no thanx this is really dangerous to use this because your CPU may damage and you know i don't have money and my pc is new so I don't want to damage it
(03-02-2012, 02:49 AM)Sonic riders Wrote: [ -> ]I think that im young and I can't play in the bios

And no thanx this is really dangerous to use this because your CPU may damage and you know i don't have money and my pc is new so I don't want to damage it

It isn't hard if you know what your doing/do some searching Wink
(03-02-2012, 02:49 AM)Sonic riders Wrote: [ -> ]I think that im young and I can't play in the bios

That's okay. Then there's just nothing you can do.
Quote:I think that im young and I can't play in the bios

1. Never EVER say you can't do something because of your age. That is terrible excuse. Most of the dolphin devs were already programming at your age. Can you imagine what would have happened if they had said "I'm to young to learn these things"?

2. These are important skills to learn and not that hard to learn. If you screw up just reset the CMOS using the jumper or button.

3. If you're afraid to take risks you will never learn anything practical. That "don't touch that, you might break it" logic destroys intellectual progress in youth.
Pages: 1 2