Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gecko codes dont work on my dolphin...??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Terry G

Hi, im playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and tried to apply gecko codes into it, i did all the steps perfect, download codes from WiiRD Database (or Edit Config only some particular codes), apply codes, enable cheats in Options... but it just dont work...?? The weird thing is, the code that enable Perfect Level-Ups makes the game crashed (black screen to be precise) at the moment the save file is loaded with that code on, but if i disable that code and still have other codes on, the game works fine but no effects from the codes were made to the game, no infinite weapons, no max LVs, no nothing... =.=

Thats my story, pls help Sad , is there any procedure or ritual that i must do before getting those codes into action ?

Ah, almost forgot, im using the latest version of dolphin, 3.0-432, and Radiant Dawn US version.
Games sometimes have multiple versions, like v1.0, v1.1, v2 etc. The Gecko codes are written for a specific version of the game and can only be used on that version.
In my experience, not all codes will work with dolphin, or at lease the cheat engine associated with dolphin is not up to par with GeckoOS. Too get most if not all codes to work, you can launch GeckoOS in dolphin, just make sure that you have "Insert SD Card" enabled and a ".gct" file in the SD image. Also corresponding game IOS will be required to load your desired game.
Even if some of the codes are enabled on dolphin, the code will have no effect. Now the said code will work on the real Wii Dodgy.
In the latest versions of Dolphin, the Gecko 1.9.3.1 code handler is used. Compatibility should be equivalent.

For GCT support, the procedure above will still have to be used.