Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Yellowish tint in Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I played SMG and noticed the game has a slight yellowish tint (kind of a yellow/washed out look on some textures) in Dolphin as compared to viewing it on my TV. It's not all colors/textures, just some that have this tint.

I'm using the DX9 renderer, rendering at 2x native res, 4x AF, all graphics options at default.

Am I the only one who's noticing this?

Thanks!
Please post a picture of the yellowish tint so we can see what it looks like and please post which version of Dolphin you're using and what your specs are.

Thanks in advance!
(03-01-2012, 12:54 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Please post a picture of the yellowish tint so we can see what it looks like and please post which version of Dolphin you're using and what your specs are.

Thanks in advance!

OK, here goes:

[Image: mario.png]

Compared to my plasma TV I found the picture a bit washed out, not vibrant at all. But it may be just me.

Before anyone asks, PC games do look great and vibrant on my BenQ M-PVA 24" panel.
That doesn't look bad at all in my eyes. If it's not any worse then that then you'll live through the game just fine.
Yeah but does it look yellowish (compared to real Wii+plasma) to anyone else or is it just me?
Yeah, I kinda notice what you're talking about (looking at Mario's gloves). Every display should have a way to adjust settings like color and brightness, usually by pressing its buttons. See if any of those options can do something about it.
Yeah try to reset the settings to default for that display panel and see what happens, might be something funny but maybe not since you stated that PC games are fine.

I really can't see anything wrong with that image, not even Mario's gloves as they appear white to me.
If you want the colors to be accurate to how it would look on a real wii use real xfb. Dolphins RGB rendering/output provides superior color accuracy to a real wii.
(03-01-2012, 10:35 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]If you want the colors to be accurate to how it would look on a real wii use real xfb. Dolphins RGB rendering/output provides superior color accuracy to a real wii.

That's definitely something to keep as an reminder. I for one didn't know this at all really.