Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are these specs enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

shuklaayush

First of all i want to thank the dolphin team for making such a great emulator. Big Grin

Now, the questions -

1) Are my specs enough to run dolphin on full speed (720p or 1080p?)?
If not, then what should i upgrade & to what?
2) If i want to play Skyward Sword, should i buy a Wii Motion Plus controller?
Your CPU isnt the best out there and i doubt you'd get full speed in skyward sword, try overclocking a bit, your GPU can only handle 1x (480p)
1) Get aftermarket cooling and aftermarket thermal compound (Acrtic MX-4) then OC to 3.6Ghz . According to this thread ,your GPU is fine for 3x internal res (1080p)
2) Yes but stay away from those cheap 3rd party wiimote . You should buy the original one from Nintendo
Quote: According to this thread ,your GPU is fine for 3x

I wonder how i missed that, thought it was 9400
Yeah your specs are alright, just OC a little and a buy a original Wiimote from Nintendo like admin89 said and you'll have a blast with Skyward Sword.

I'd recommend using 7719 after you got everything fired up, since I believe you're using 3.0 x64 according to your signature which doesn't work very well with Skyward Sword.

shuklaayush

Thank You guys for all the replies.
Another question though -
Is there a way to stream dolphin to the HDTV, via PS3 or something?
I can't shift my CPU, you see.Tongue

Errh what?
Don't you have your PC connected to a HDTV already? Your GPU should have either/both HDMI and DVI ports.
If you only have DVI and RGB ports, use a DVI to HDMI adapter [Image: 3545p.jpg] then connect it to the HDTV's HDMI port

No need for streaming eh???

shuklaayush

No man, the problem is that my TV is in another room & i can't shift my CPU/TV.
If I have to connect to my TV via HDMI, I will need a very long cable I guess.Undecided

(03-01-2012, 02:02 AM)shuklaayush Wrote: [ -> ]No man, the problem is that my TV is in another room & i can't shift my CPU/TV.
If I have to connect to my TV via HDMI, I will need a very long cable I guess.Undecided

OH now I see what you were striving at. Yes you can buy an extra long HDMI cable and try to hide to make it cleaner looking.
That's the best solution as far as I can tell.
You're not going to be able to get fullspeed in SS with that cpu, even at 3.6GHz. Expect 80% speed in large areas like skyloft.
Pages: 1 2