Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Naruto Alpha patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really need a Naruto Alpha patched build of dolphin, All of the Builds with this patch were uploaded to MegaUpload which is now shut down. If anyone has that build or is willing to create it, I would be very great full
Thank you!
Have you tried running the latest build of Dolphin (3.0-432)? The issue that the patch addressed may have been fixed by now. As far as I know, most of the patched builds are all dead links, though I may have not looked carefully enough. If you do try the latest build, I read on another forum that a user got rid of the graphical glitches by switching to D3D11 rather than D3D9 or OpenGL.
(02-29-2012, 10:30 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried running the latest build of Dolphin (3.0-432)? The issue that the patch addressed may have been fixed by now. As far as I know, most of the patched builds are all dead links, though I may have not looked carefully enough. If you do try the latest build, I read on another forum that a user got rid of the graphical glitches by switching to D3D11 rather than D3D9 or OpenGL.

Well thank you, that did fix the graphical probem but I also have another problem. I was under the impression that the alpha patch increased performance or am I wrong? because while I'm playing Gekitou Ninja tesion special my framerate drops to 35- 45 during a battle and I've tried all the config settings that people posted on youtube/tutorial etc. Any tips?

I'm am not really sure of my specs at the moment, but I know that I can run MW3 and skyrim both on high graphics :/
(02-29-2012, 10:49 AM)ChickenMouth Wrote: [ -> ]I'm am not really sure of my specs at the moment, but I know that I can run MW3 and skyrim both on high graphics :/

Find out what kinda hardware you're running, it's kinda important in determining Dolphin performance. Also, don't compare modern PC games and Dolphin. They're two different programs that have different demands on the hardware. PC games tend to use the GPU for a lot of their performance, while Dolphin usually requires a good CPU. The GPU for Dolphin helps with the internal resolution, anti-aliasing, and anisotropic filtering while the CPU makes up the rest of performance. Simply because you're capable of running Skyrim with high settings does not automatically guarantee good Dolphin performance.
(02-29-2012, 10:56 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-29-2012, 10:49 AM)ChickenMouth Wrote: [ -> ]I'm am not really sure of my specs at the moment, but I know that I can run MW3 and skyrim both on high graphics :/

Find out what kinda hardware you're running, it's kinda important in determining Dolphin performance. Also, don't compare modern PC games and Dolphin. They're two different programs that have different demands on the hardware. PC games tend to use the GPU for a lot of their performance, while Dolphin usually requires a good CPU. The GPU for Dolphin helps with the internal resolution, anti-aliasing, and anisotropic filtering while the CPU makes up the rest of performance. Simply because you're capable of running Skyrim with high settings does not automatically guarantee good Dolphin performance.

Ahh I see, well this is what I was able to find out

Processor: AMD Phenom™ II P960 Quad - core processor 1.80 GHz

6.00 GB of Ram

Video cards - AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
- AMD Radeon HD 6470M
Your computer is wayyyyyy too slow, I'm surprised you can run it that well.
Yeah, you're specs look too weak to properly run Dolphin. 1.8 GHz isn't a lot. Dolphin usually only uses 2 cores, or 3 cores with "LLE on Thread" set in your DSP options, so it's not like it'll take full advantage of all 4 of your cores. I'm not sure, but your GPU looks fine, at least to handle 1x internal resolution.

Ah! Beaten by ExtremeDude2!
(02-29-2012, 11:44 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer is wayyyyyy too slow, I'm surprised you can run it that well.

Ah, So the only way to up my performance would be to buy new parts?
(02-29-2012, 11:49 AM)ChickenMouth Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-29-2012, 11:44 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer is wayyyyyy too slow, I'm surprised you can run it that well.

Ah, So the only way to up my performance would be to buy new parts?

I'm guessing you have a laptop so no, you'll need a new computer.

(02-29-2012, 11:48 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Ah! Beaten by ExtremeDude2!

It's what I do Big Grin