Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy 2 Slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We'll I'm not sure if you can see the specs at the bottom of my name or whatever, I'm new here and wondering if I could get any help here.Huh I've been messing around with Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Dolphin with Strange results. The game runs smoothly but at 1/2 speed, speeds up with less artifacts in the shot, coins, starbits, smaller planets, etc. Anyway I find it strange that I can run much more CPU intensive games but not this tidbit.

Specs: amd athlon™ ii x4 640 processor 2.8Ghz

GPU: Nvidia GTS 450

I am probably overestimating my Pc, if so just give me the verdict and I'll just stop trying to mess around with the graphic settings in hope of getting this to run full speed. If you have any suggestions in graphic settings/config or overclock settings please let me know I'd appreciate it thanks.Big Grin
2.8ghz amd is not enough for SMG2...
if you overclock to 4.8ghz it should run somehow at 50fps ;D
(02-29-2012, 08:23 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]2.8ghz amd is not enough for SMG2...
if you overclock to 4.8ghz it should run somehow at 50fps ;D

Even with any graphic settings changed? Also that overclocking method, how would you go about doing it, im a bit tech savvy but when it comes to overclocking that's out of my range any tips(I have AMD overdrive installed) but with very strange results, the sliders for overclocking are already at their max.
You need a better cpu, end of story. Even at a high clock rate that cpu isn't going to cut it.
That CPU is locked...
(03-01-2012, 10:57 AM)pwnedatdolphin Wrote: [ -> ]That CPU is locked...

Still can be OC'd Big Grin