Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: running dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im getting a laptop for myself from dell and was wondering how well it would run dolphin

specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2450M processor (2.50GHz, with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10GHz)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6GB DDR3 Dynamic Video
6GB DDR3 ram
750GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive

i would have gotten this instead but i needed ms office 2010
AMD Radeon™ HD 6470M (64-bit) 512MB DDR5 (Dual)
you should also tell me what this would have done for me

the intel HD Graphic is nothing for gaming...
dolphin should run well... but not with 1080p.... sry buddy
thank you, i wouldnt be able to display it in 1080p anyway becuase the highest res my tv can go is 720p or 1366x768 anything higher and my tv will show a display error. also out of my games what would run and what wouldnt
Kirby's epic yarn trauma team
SSBB tasunoko vs capcom
metriod other m all the sonic games realeased on the wii
and twilight princess
i should be fine on gamecube games right
With the HD3000 You'd have to set the Dolphin internal resolution option to 1x (640x528) and leave it there. After that you should be able to run many games fine. Personally I wouldn't waste money on laptop with such a weak GPU, but that's up to you. Metroid wouuldn't run fast enough, but the others probably would.
Anyway, the GPU you were considering would also have been fairly pants. Although you could put the internal resolution at a higher setting it would not be able to run demanding games even with all other settings set really fast.
You chose Microsoft Office 2010 over a GPU that could have changed this whole situation?
You have to face the consequences of not being able to enjoy Dolphin for a foolish decision like that.

Pleasure before business!
Quote:You chose Microsoft Office 2010 over a GPU that could have changed this whole situation?

It would have been more of a nudge than a change of the whole situation. Despite this, it's still better than my GPU, but I'm either upgrading to a HD 6950 2GB or a GTX 560 Ti 2GB.
AH OK, that's always something I guess.
I'd take the HD 6950 2GB of the two though.
The thing with that is that it is mainly for battlefield 3, which runs better with the GTX 560 Ti than the HD 6950. Also there is no speed boost by getting the second GB for the 6950, but I get the impression the 2GB variant of the 560 Ti does get a speed boost.

Anyway, this thread isn't about my indecisiveness, and it should really have been abandoned after we gave the information to the original poster.
i'm glad i can't buy anything yet (parents needed money back to fix a car or it would have been considered abandoned) once i get my money back i'll just see if i can get one of these http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavil...osaic.html