Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my computer run dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to build a computer to play dolphin if i put a AMD Athlon II X3 3.0ghz a Sapphire HD 6770 video card and a GIGABYTE GA-880GM-USB3L MB mother board Win 7 and 4gb of ram
Athlon II is not great for this kind of emulation. You'll be better off with a Phenom II if you must stick with AMD. i5-2500k for best results. The HD6770 is decent enough, though.
can you list what part i do need to run dolphin at 100% speed
(02-28-2012, 04:03 AM)mman2067 Wrote: [ -> ]can you list what part i do need to run dolphin at 100% speed

I thought I did? Depending on the game, though.
yours really runs at full speed any way if iuse i7 what type of graphic card would ihave to use
(02-28-2012, 05:04 AM)mman2067 Wrote: [ -> ]what type of graphic card would ihave to use

Are you not reading my comments?

(02-28-2012, 03:50 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]The HD6770 is decent enough, though.

Tough remember no hardware will run some games at full speed under certain circumstances. (E.g: Mario Galaxy 2 w/ LLE Audio & EFB to RAM)
By the way, a better GPU, though it will barely affect Dolphin, will have a big affect on pc games, for example HD 6950 will run battlefield 3 very well, and pretty much everything else almost perfectly (although you won't get the absolute best performance).

I basically just wrote an advert for AMD which was barely relevant, didn't I?
Although this is no relation to dolphin , his GPU should run BF3 well (Minimum Requirement for BF3 : Nvidia GT 8800)
With 76.8 GB/s memory bandwidth , it should run dolphin at 1080p (IR 3x)
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
Athlon clearly bottle neck the GPU , either get :
_Pentium G860 , i3 2100 ,i3 2120 + Z68 mobo : Most game should run well except the demanding game (Mario Galaxy + LLE backend , The Last Story ....)
_i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz + Z68 mobo : Most game should run without a hiccup (not all though)
Minimum requirements for battlefield three don't run it at a quality that will mean you can play it to any level online. You'll be OK in single player, but you need a GTX 560 or a HD 6950 to keep up with those who have those cards or better, which is why I don't have bf3 yet. I don't want to ruin my KD spread.