Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PSO 1&2 with dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MrWaffles

Whenever i start PSO ep 1 and 2 with dolphin i get a black screen and a werid sound any fixs?
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/announcements.php?aid=4
"When creating new threads about dolphin, always provide..."

MrWaffles

Processor: Intel Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 5Gigs
System Windows 7 64 Bit
Video Card : Nvidia Gforce 8800 GT

I'm running Dolphin 3.0 latest build and i'm trying to run Phantasy star Online episode 1 and 2 but once i get past the Agreement screen it just freezes drops to 0 fps and keeps repeating the same sfx over and over again. While searching for a fix I've came across alot of other threads about it but never any fix's that worked or people stopped replying to them.

Sorry if i missed anything else new to dolphin and these fourms.
A lot of guys seems to get this issue with PSO. Strange because I've never gotten such one. The game works really fine here with Dolphin 3.0 (and some other old revisions btw)
In 3.0-716 in DX11, I get nothing but a white screen and the game freezes after some sound effects. In DX9 I can navigate through the first screens and then I get a black screen and the game freezes.

DaRocketeer

Possible solution!!

I've been having the same exact issue as MrWaffles. I tried two different copies of the game and still had the same problem but there is hope. To solve this problem I went into Options>Graphics Settings>Hacks>(in the Embed Frame Buffer section) I checked Skip EFB access from CPU and I also Disabled EFB copies. Another thing i did defferently is when it asked me if the date and time was correct i just said no and it started right up.
[img]C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\Dolphin Settings.png[/img]

Don't know if that image worked...^...I also attatched the same image just incase
hopefully this fixes the problem for you guys like it did me. Good luck!!