Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: This is my computer: is it ok for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I need some informations about Dolphin, please. This is my configuration:

Intel Core i7 LGA1156 860 2,8GHz
GIGABYTE 1156 GA-P55A-UD3
ATI SAPPHIRE HD5850 1G GDDR5 PCI-E
CORSAIR 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333 XMS3 DHX CL9
Hard disk: SAMSUNG 320GB HD322HJ 7200rpm 16MB and SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA2
O.S. : WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT OEM

It it ok for a good emulation of Wii/GC games?

Thank you very much!
Should be, except games like SMG you'll probably want to OC if you want better speed.
(02-27-2012, 08:50 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Should be, except games like SMG you'll probably want to OC if you want better speed.

Thank you very much

Excuse me: what is an "OC" ?

thanks
Your kidding right?

Overclock
(02-27-2012, 10:13 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Your kidding right?

Overclock

Ah ok, thanks!

I have another question, please: now I have the games' isos on my hard disk, which is connected to the Wii. I put the iso int he hard disk with WBFS Manager 3.0.
Well, is it possibile to transfer again the iso on my computer and then load them with Dolphin?

Thank you!
Quote:Well, is it possibile to transfer again the iso on my computer and then load them with Dolphin?
Yes, they should work perfectly fine.
I wouldn't recommend overclocking that i7, as it is a locked model, so you can only increase the base clock, not the multiplier. that means if you want more than a 3% OC you will have to water cool it and even then, no one has got a sandy bridge (the type of processor which it is) past a 5% base clock OC.

If you didn't understand that (and I don't see why you should) basically if it doesn't have a K in the model number the multiplier (how many lots of 100 MHz you get) can't be changed.

Read an article by an expert who know what they're talking about at this site

After becoming distracted by a link on the page I discovered that you almost definitely on a sandy bridge CPU, and the article doesn't quite apply to you. This may not be a total waste of time as the article still has some relevance if you decide after your own research about it being safe to OC, and to do it.

Sorry for contradicting myself.
What you're talking about ? locked model ? 2nd gen Sandy Bridge ?
Nope , his CPU is 1st gen i7 Lynnfield (Nehalem) . It can overclock to 3.6Ghz fine (with aftermarket cooling , ofc)
(02-28-2012, 09:47 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]What you're talking about ? locked model ? 2nd gen Sandy Bridge ?
Nope , his CPU is 1st gen i7 Lynnfield (Nehalem) . It can overclock to 3.6Ghz fine (with aftermarket cooling , ofc)

ok, thank you. So I have to OC my computer and buy also an aftermarket cooling. Then, all the supported Wii (and game cube) games could run correctly with the dolphin?

thanks

Quote:What you're talking about ? locked model ? 2nd gen Sandy Bridge ?

I said that what I said didn't apply after all and that I contradicted myself, although I should really have just deleted all the irrelevant and incorrect data. I see how it was confusing, and I should probably work on not making myself look like an idiot.