Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card Problem - Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, the Dolphin community.

I am using Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-425 with and trying to play Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. FPS is smooth, the only problem I have is when the game is creating a save file.
I've looked on YouTube for ways to fix this to no avail.

This is how far I've gone:
http://i41.tinypic.com/vdpz4h.png

I will provide more information when it is needed.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Processor/CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Intel® HD Graphics Family
Memory/RAM: 8192 MB RAM
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-425
The PAL version seems to have no problem saving in this version of Dolphin:

[attachment=7442]
(02-27-2012, 01:33 AM)HomelandReloaded Wrote: [ -> ]The PAL version seems to have no problem saving in this version of Dolphin:

I'm sorry but can you explain to me what is PAL? Where can I download this? I'm sorry, but this is completely new to me, so I hope the community can help me out. Smile
(02-27-2012, 04:28 AM)Yusei1674 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but can you explain to me what is PAL?
Sorry, by PAL I meant the European version of the game (PAL being the TV standard here). In the USA it's NTSC and sometimes there are slight incompatibilities in the software. Anyway, my point is: it can work, but maybe it doesn't if you are in the US or if you are using a different version of Dolphin.

If you are new to Dolphin and all this tech stuff you are in for a hard time, just as I have been.
(02-27-2012, 04:56 AM)HomelandReloaded Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2012, 04:28 AM)Yusei1674 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but can you explain to me what is PAL?
Sorry, by PAL I meant the European version of the game (PAL being the TV standard here). In the USA it's NTSC and sometimes there are slight incompatibilities in the software. Anyway, my point is: it can work, but maybe it doesn't if you are in the US or if you are using a different version of Dolphin.

If you are new to Dolphin and all this tech stuff you are in for a hard time, just as I have been.

I see the difference now and I am learning more of this as I continue researching. However, I seem to be lost when I try to find download links to either PAL or NTSC. Can you enlighten me further on my problem? I appreciate the help you are giving me.
(02-27-2012, 06:33 AM)Yusei1674 Wrote: [ -> ]However, I seem to be lost when I try to find download links to either PAL or NTSC.
Try the Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL
(02-27-2012, 04:28 AM)Yusei1674 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but can you explain to me what is PAL? Where can I download this?

You can't unless you want a ban.
This is somehow unbelievably extremely confusing me. I apologize for my burden and wasting your time, I am just not comprehending this properly.
(02-28-2012, 03:31 PM)Yusei1674 Wrote: [ -> ]This is somehow unbelievably extremely confusing me. I apologize for my burden and wasting your time, I am just not comprehending this properly.
I am not sure if I understand anymore either. I thought you wanted to find out what PAL and NTSC are. Maybe someone thinks you want to download the PAL version of the game which would be an illegal copy of the game. That would get you banned from using this forum.
(02-28-2012, 04:32 PM)HomelandReloaded Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2012, 03:31 PM)Yusei1674 Wrote: [ -> ]This is somehow unbelievably extremely confusing me. I apologize for my burden and wasting your time, I am just not comprehending this properly.
I am not sure if I understand anymore either. I thought you wanted to find out what PAL and NTSC are. Maybe someone thinks you want to download the PAL version of the game which would be an illegal copy of the game. That would get you banned from using this forum.

Perhaps. I do know that it is illegal to download a PAL version of the game itself now that you mention it, does that also apply to a PAL version of the emulator?
Whoops. Silly me, you can just disregard that question. I have no idea why I typed that there.

But thank you for your help, HomelandReloaded! You were such a great help, I am grateful. Smile