Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue with getting the sound in my game to work. Every other game I play has sound. I was playing The Wind Waker earlier and I had sound. There was an issue with the game where I got to the cut scene where the giant bird kidnaps your sister and after that I get a black screen. I can only run games in Open GL. I heard that I could fix the black screen issue by going into the properties of the game and to the "patches" tab and enabling "Fix item hang". After enabling the option I now have no sound in the game. I have since disabled the option and I still have no sound? Any ideas?
Have you restarted the emulator after disabling it? not just stopping and starting the game again, close dolphin entirely
(02-26-2012, 06:43 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you restarted the emulator after disabling it? not just stopping and starting the game again, close dolphin entirely

I did try this and it will only play sound if I close it and re open it with "Fix item hang" disabled. If I were to enable it, close and re-open dolphin, it won't play sound. The initial issue I was having was to fix the cut scene crash but I'm not even sure if that option will fix the issue.

UPDATE: I went and tried to see if "Fix item hang" actually resolved my initial issue. Which it actually did. I did notice that when I am in game, the only sound I hear is my footsteps. If there is no fix for the sound issue, the only thing I can think of is to enable the option and save after the cut scene and then disable the option.
Anyone?
I thought the newer revisions no longer had the fix item hang option?

either way, have you tried using LLE Audio? I don't see any specs, settings, revision, etc so I cant really go beyond that; except to say LLE should fix the black screens I believe and it may also fix your sound issue( assuming your PC is strong enough).

no sound may also indicate a bad dump.

Just my 2 cents.