Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bad Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PC specs are here:
Windows XP 32bit
Newest I could get DX9
C++ Redistributable X86
RAM: 1GB
Video Card: Radeon X1600/1650 series (dual cards)
CPU: Intel Celeron E1200 with SSE1,SSE2,SSE3,SSE3S (1.60GHz dual core)
Pixel Shader 3.0

I'm using the GC Dolphin 32bit, I'm customized the graphics as far as I could to try and fix the problem, but it remains the same nomatter what in the game I'm trying to play, StarFox Adventures. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the game itself or if it is my computer. It runs reasonably well when there is not much onscreen and cutscenes are unbearable with terrible sound quality and the framerate becomes around 12fps. The menu has about 20fps as well.

Why is this happening?
Your hardware's too weak. Your CPU is pretty underpowered to handle Dolphin properly. Your GPU looks fine for 1x internal resolution, but I don't think your processor is going to be enough to enjoyably play Star Fox Addventures.
(02-26-2012, 08:31 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Your hardware's too weak. Your CPU is pretty underpowered to handle Dolphin properly.

That is sad news for me, guess Ima just purposely crash this computer to get a new one that doesn't suck ass...

Strange to hear that this cpu sucks when I can run most modern games on full graphics and still have full framerate.
Dolphin is an emulator. It's a different kinda program than PC games. Modern PC games use the GPU a lot for performance, while Dolphin needs a lot of CPU power. The GPU for Dolphin helps with AA, AF, and internal resolution. Everything else usually depends on the CPU.
(02-26-2012, 08:42 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is an emulator. It's a different kinda program than PC games. Modern PC games use the GPU a lot for performance, while Dolphin needs a lot of CPU power. The GPU for Dolphin helps with AA, AF, and internal resolution. Everything else usually depends on the CPU.

Yep, Ima mess this computer up just for fun while i go get a new one, its about time after 7 years of going obsolete...
(02-26-2012, 08:35 AM)Jebus-Kreist Wrote: [ -> ]That is sad news for me, guess Ima just purposely crash this computer

I guess you don't know what that means? Crashing your PC doesn't do anything. That's like saying I'm going to shutoff my car engine, then you can just start it up again with no issues. It's pointless.

Quote:Strange to hear that this cpu sucks when I can run most modern games on full graphics and still have full framerate.

What exactly do you run that you consider a modern game? You must not be running any cpu heavy pc games because a celeron E1200 is an absolutely terrible cpu even by 2006/2007 standards.

Your gpu is also way too weak.
My New PC's specs:
Windows 7 64bit
CPU- AMD A8-3820 (2.5GHz)
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6550D
SSE 1,2,3,4A
6GB Ram

Can I run it now?
Llano @ 2.5Ghz is just alittle...slow
Some GC games run fine but you should buy aftermarket cooling then overclock it to 3.2Ghz
I won't lie to you, still Probably NOT. If you want to run all games at full speed, wait until new processors.. the perfomance will be huge.