Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: C++ minimum specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have all the minimum specs at least, since it doesn't say recommended specs but w/e... Anyways, in the portrayed minimum specs it has c++ redistributable X64 and X86. I already had X86 installed from a previous game i needed it for(terraria) and it will not let me install X64 since I'm running off a 32bit windows XP(even though my processor can handle 64bit easilly). I can run the game fine, its just when there is a seemingly larger amount of stuff onstage at the moment it goes down to about 20-50% speed/12-30fps. I was wondering if this is because of the C++ I don't have. Nomatter what I do to the graphics options it always remains the same, causing me to believe it is the one thing on the list I don't have.

Also it has a problem with cutscenes audio and visual being out of sink drastically, the audio far ahead of the video.

The game in particular is StarFox Adventures.
Not having the C++ redistributable would cause dolphin to give you an error message, it has nothing to do with performance or game issues.
(02-25-2012, 12:20 PM)Jebus-Kreist Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if this is because of the C++ I don't have. Nomatter what I do to the graphics options it always remains the same, causing me to believe it is the one thing on the list I don't have.

No. 64bit VC++ redist is not needed/wanted/available on 32bit Windows.