Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 32 or 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

moviebuff

Hi everyone , new user here and very impressed with the work done on this emulator. I was having some games like "new super mario bros" and "donkey kong" run in slow motion when played on the 64 bit version of dolphin. SO out of curiousity tried the 32 bit version and the games ran better but evetually crashed. Im using Win 7 64 bit so the increase in performance puzzled me, anyone know why that would be? IM currently using 3.0 version of dolphin.
My PC is Intel I7-2670QM (quad 2.2GHZ) with 8GB of ram and Nvidia GT555M is this pc too weak to run Dolphin and thats why some run in slow motion.
I set dolphin for optimal performance in Nvidia control panel so it wont use my INtel onboard and use the dedicate graphics card. For some reason when I exit a game that i just ran and go into video settings it doesnt list the GT555m only the intel one unless i close dolphin and restart it. Not sure if it keeps reverting back to the intel gpu or remains using the GT555M.
Thank you for any advice you may have for a new comer and again really wonderful job on this wii emulator I always hated the wii graphics on my tv.
Your laptop is decent enough for 1080p , just use directx 9 for best speed :
_Internal Resolution : 3x (1080p)
_Anti-Aliasing : none
_Anisotropic Filter : 16x

Try :
_Right-click the game inside dolphin - Properties - Check/Uncheck Vbeam
_http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html
_http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20864

moviebuff

OK ill try that tonite when I get home thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it.

moviebuff

It worked the games run much better , ended up that for some reason it doesnt seem to be enabling dual core support even though I have that option in settings enabled. I right clicked on the game and put a check mark on dual core and now it is faster in games that were running slow before. The square tab for dual core option is coloured in the game settings so I clicked it and then clicked again and now there is a check mark .