Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cant run Dolphon emu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

erkansilk

I need help with dolphin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXAAajnkjA

my com specs

system:
microsoft windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 2

computer

AMD Athlon™ XP 2000+
1.67GHz, 1,00gb RAM

i know its crappy but i gave out my money for a ps3 Smile

cmccmc

click the icon once then hit enter

erkansilk

(03-30-2009, 12:44 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]click the icon once then hit enter

no it doesnt workSad

droopy

i cant get the wiimote plugin workin it keeps saying wiimote init is there something i need
That has too be something with the REV or SVN build you have, so try re-downloading a different REV or SVN and try it again from there....
(03-30-2009, 12:16 AM)erkansilk Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Athlon™ XP 2000+
1.67GHz, 1,00gb RAM

You are not going to be able to run Dolphin or any games with an Athlon XP, I'm also willing to bet you don't have a proper video card that supports Shader Model 2.0 and OpenGL 2.0.

The Athlon XP CPU lacks the required SSE2 instruction set which Dolphin needs in order to run or boot any games, so you essentially have two choices if you want to play Gamecube/Wii games:

Build or buy an entirely new system that meets the hardware requirements of Dolphin (Expensive) or Play your original games on your Gamecube or Wii (Cheapest and most effective solution).

Also even if it was possible to run Dolphin on an Athlon XP, it would likely be a complete slideshow since not only is the CPU single core, but it's based on 3 - 5+ year technology that is not ideal performing complex tasks with CPU intensive applications, so you can say goodbye to both Pcsx2 and Dolphin..