Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i3 2100 with IGP for dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i want to know if the Intel i3 2100 with IGP Intel® HD Graphics 2000, have a good performnance for games like Xenoblade, The Last Story on 64 bit SO with 4GB Memory Ram.

I find videos on youtube of i3 2100 but always with dedicated graphic card, i want to know if with IGP Intel® HD Graphics 2000 its working good like with dedicated, I ask becouse i know dolphin work more on CPU, so i want to know how is it with the IGP Intel® HD Graphics 2000.

Thank YOu.
No, not even a chance. Even if you did, the experience wouldn't be pleasant. The Intel HD 3000, on the other hand, does good for some games, but you'll seriously bottleneck your system on the GPU end with an IGP. Xenoblade is one of the more demanding Wii games at the moment, so you really shouldn't skimp on the GPU (or CPU for that matter) if you want to play it.
OK, with a nvidia 9600GT 512mb do you think would be enough for every game? This card becouse i dont have to buy another one if i can.
(02-24-2012, 09:14 AM)Afkk Wrote: [ -> ]OK, with a nvidia 9600GT 512mb do you think would be enough for every game?

No, then you can play some games. Then your CPU will be too weak for the games that need a more powerful CPU.
If your dead set on sticking with integrated graphics for some reason, you'll have much better results with the Intel HD 4000 on Ivy Bridge Cpu's. While it still will be relatively lackluster it can atleast play everything on native, and most games with some upscaling (1.5, maaaaybe 2.0).
(02-24-2012, 06:56 PM)SlickDragon Wrote: [ -> ]It can atleast play everything on native, and most games with some upscaling (1.5, maaaaybe 2.0).
afaik dolphin doesn't upscale anything , dolphin redraw the graphics to hd (please ask NV for detail )
The Intel HD 4000 is about to be equivalent to Nvidia GT 520 which can do 480p (any more than 1.5x will bottle neck that CPU) .
But what is the point of dolphin if you can't atleast run game on HD

Btw The Last Story is a very demanding game due to "EFB copy to Ram" . i3 2100 should run it ...close ...but still not getting full speed

Xenoblade run full speed on my laptop so it should run very well with that i3

Grap AMD 6570
Or just wait for Ivy + Nvidia Kepler 28nm
Ok, thank you, i was just wondering how run dolphin with this setup, on my desktop setup C2D E8400@3.0Ghz + 9600GT, i can play some games well, Project Zero 4 for example go full speed and stable, but xenoblade its can be playable but with some areas on low fps, not stable, The Last Story work better, but still not stable.

Nvidia 9000 and Nvidia 200 series (65nm) were outdated many year ago . Nvidia 9600GT can do 1080p(3x) with dolphin though
But that cpu is no where compare to i3 2100 unless you oc to 3.6Ghz or higher

My E5300 @ 3.3Ghz is equivalent with i5 480 @ 2.93GHz . Although i get higher FPS with 3.6Ghz but still getting lag on some game , i5 has lower FPS but less lag
Quote:afaik dolphin doesn't upscale anything , dolphin redraw the graphics to hd
Yes I've seen NV's discussion in regards to scaled efb/internal resolution, perhaps my phrasing terminology isn't absolutely accurate in regards to dolphin (as opposed to Pcsx2 where that terminology is the norm) but the point should easily get across. I do appreciate your input Admin eventhough we seem to view things different, so arigato gozaimasu Wink

Quote:The Intel HD 4000 is about to be equivalent to Nvidia GT 520 which can do 480p (any more than 1.5x will bottle neck that CPU)
Sounds about right, note that i was skeptical of going above 1.5 (perhaps overclocks can help a tad bit, though unlikely), although we don't know the exact limits of hd 4000 atm even with the recent benchmark spoilers.

Quote:But what is the point of dolphin if you can't atleast run game on HD
This we can definitely agree on, I was only addressing the Op's fixation with IGP and suggesting his best bet if he chose to go that route.

An HD 2000 should actually handle most games at 1x IR without bottlenecking the cpu but I can't guarantee it for all games. I honestly don't know since we don't have a lot of data to go on (so few people run dolphin with IGPs, and most of the ones that do use an intel IGP use an HD 3000).
An HD 3000 will definitely handle any game at 1x IR and should be able to do 1.5x IR for most games.
An HD 4000 (ivy bridge) should be able to handle 1.5x with any game and 2x IR with most games.

Quote:The Intel HD 4000 is about to be equivalent to Nvidia GT 520 which can do 480p (any more than 1.5x will bottle neck that CPU)

An intel HD 4000 is not in any way even remotely equivalent of a GT 520. It will blow the socks off a GT 520 believe it or not (yes, that's how bad the GT 520 is, it makes a 9500 GT seem lightning fast by comparison, its video memory bandwidth is particularly bad). Intels cache logic for their IGP is so good that shader throughput it likely the bottleneck with intel IGPs, not memory bandwidth which seems to normally be the bottleneck (video memory bandwidth when you're talking about a discrete GPU).

Quote:afaik dolphin doesn't upscale anything , dolphin redraw the graphics to hd (please ask NV for detail )
Quote:Yes I've seen NV's discussion in regards to scaled efb/internal resolution, perhaps my phrasing terminology isn't absolutely accurate in regards to dolphin (as opposed to Pcsx2 where that terminology is the norm) but the point should easily get across. I do appreciate your input Admin eventhough we seem to view things different, so arigato gozaimasu

Technically dolphin does do scaling. It has to. It scales from the internal resolution to your windowed/fullscreen resolution. However the scene is rendered at the internal resolution.