Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my computer run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel i5 M430 (quad core)@ 2.27 Gz
Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
4 GB
Laptop

Hi, I am new here and am wondering if my computer will run enough wii games to make buying a bluetooth dongle and wireless sensor bar would be worth it. My girlfriend owns a wii but is unwilling to mod it, and I'd like to download some games for her kids. She had 4 wii controllers.

Thanks,

Will
Downloading Games is against the rules, purchase the games and rip them to your computer if you want to play them.

The system should handle some games but some will struggle, which games do you intend to play so we can give you a more accurate interpretation
Quote:Intel i5 M430 (quad core)
No such thing as a mobile i5 quad core. That specific chip is a dual core with hyper threading= 4 threads. Also its quite lackluster for dolphin emulation, although you may have semi-acceptable results with other emulators like Pcsx2.

Quote:Nvidia GeForce GT 230M

The Gt 230m is an ok gpu, and should allow about 1.5x Internal Resolution making it a bit nicer to look at than Wii games. This is however irrelevant if your cpu can't run most games at full speed..

Quote:My girlfriend owns a wii but is unwilling to mod it, and I'd like to download some games for her kids
I understand why money could be tight trying to support a female with kids, but perhaps you should spend a few seconds reading forum rules.

Your best bet is to get a decent $500-$800 desktop rig that will be able to nearly all Dolphin games. Laptops on your (presumably) low budget won't get you exemplary results in the triple digits. If eventually your interested in making a new rig and need advice make another thread that doesn't violate rules and perhaps the forum members will be inclined to help you.