Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Paranoyd

I'm new here, and I want to know if my desktop is good enough to run Dolphin emulator properly.

Windows 7
Intel E7500 @2.93ghz.
Ram: 3gb.
Motherboard: Gigabyte G31m.
Graphics: None worth mentioning for the moment, but I'm about to buy an ATI Sapphire 5670HD GDDR5 512mb.

Will I be able to run games smoothly with this computer?

Thanks in advanced for your help.
I dont think that Dolphin Takes graphic Hardware......because the Wii graphic in Hd is nothing for the Most graphiccards3 years ago, Dolphin Takes only CPU power with my Old Quad Core 2,4 GHz i have Slow Motion sometimes ( Mario Galaxy ), but New Super Mario was more than ok. Only with my New CPU ( i7 2600 ) i have Perfect Speed in Dolphin.

Dolphin is Beta......they Must make it better for Support graphiccards.....
It should be fine for most games that aren't known for being demanding (SMG, Metroid Trilogy, etc). A lot of GC/Wii games should run pretty well. Of course, that's assuming you do buy that ATI 5670HD. That GPU will be enough to handle 3x internal resolution, giving you 1080p graphics. Just note that for those more demanding games, your CPU will probably bottleneck your performance, since the GPU should handle everything without problems. Other games might require that your DSP use LLE, and you might not be able to handle those games at full-speed. What specific games do you plan to play?

(02-23-2012, 04:41 AM)Padisah61 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is Beta......they Must make it better for Support graphiccards.....

Dolphin isn't in beta. It's a stable program with a current 3.0 release. The most recent builds are fresh from the git repository, so some aspects of them are new and going through testing. Though, I don't understand what you mean by saying Dolphin has to better support graphic cards.
He means he doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about.

Paranoyd

(02-23-2012, 05:20 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]It should be fine for most games that aren't known for being demanding (SMG, Metroid Trilogy, etc). A lot of GC/Wii games should run pretty well. Of course, that's assuming you do buy that ATI 5670HD. That GPU will be enough to handle 3x internal resolution, giving you 1080p graphics. Just note that for those more demanding games, your CPU will probably bottleneck your performance, since the GPU should handle everything without problems. Other games might require that your DSP use LLE, and you might not be able to handle those games at full-speed. What specific games do you plan to play?

(02-23-2012, 04:41 AM)Padisah61 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is Beta......they Must make it better for Support graphiccards.....

Dolphin isn't in beta. It's a stable program with a current 3.0 release. The most recent builds are fresh from the git repository, so some aspects of them are new and going through testing. Though, I don't understand what you mean by saying Dolphin has to better support graphic cards.

Thanks for your response!.

I want to play games like RE 0 and Remake, if possible Umbrella Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroids, and that kind of games...
(02-23-2012, 06:20 AM)Paranoyd Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Galaxy

Not with that CPU Big Grin
(02-23-2012, 06:20 AM)Paranoyd Wrote: [ -> ]I want to play games like RE 0 and Remake, if possible Umbrella Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroids, and that kind of games...

I guess I should have made my post a bit clearer; what I said was a little ambiguous.

I should have said it should be fine for most games except those that are known for being demanding (SMG, Metroid Trilogy, etc). The SMG games require beastly hardware to get consistently high FPS. For the GC Metroid games, you should get decent performance, except when using things like the scan visor. The RE games should do fine too.

Paranoyd

(02-23-2012, 06:48 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2012, 06:20 AM)Paranoyd Wrote: [ -> ]I want to play games like RE 0 and Remake, if possible Umbrella Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroids, and that kind of games...

I guess I should have made my post a bit clearer; what I said was a little ambiguous.

I should have said it should be fine for most games except those that are known for being demanding (SMG, Metroid Trilogy, etc). The SMG games require beastly hardware to get consistently high FPS. For the GC Metroid games, you should get decent performance, except when using things like the scan visor. The RE games should do fine too.

Oh, ok. Now it makes more sense jeje. So, what CPU should I buy to run those games properly?...

I'm asking just for curiosity, if I can run RE0 and Remake, two or three games from Wii like Super Mario Bros and that kind of silly looking games I'm happy.

Thank you all for your answer.

Quote:So, what CPU should I buy to run those games properly?...

i5 2500K and overclock.

Paranoyd

(02-25-2012, 04:32 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:So, what CPU should I buy to run those games properly?...

i5 2500K and overclock.

Thanks, sadly that CPU is more expensive than a brand new Wii (at least here on Argentina).
Pages: 1 2