Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running Specific Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been setting up the Dolphin emulator for a friends computer. It's not the best computer around at all. It can run games such at the witcher etc but thats probably bout the best game it can run. I understand that Dolphin is CPU intensive too.

4GB ram
AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor
Nvidia 9800GT

So nothing great. Now games such as super mario sunshine run perfectly smooth. Wind waker and twilight princess seem to have a slow motion effect while in game. In the menu the music seems to be in fast forward or sometimes slow.

I've looked at other posts and tried what they said. There wasn't a lot of things to be done. So would it just be that the cpu is weak?
What do you expect from 1st gen Phenom (I) that only has 2.3Ghz clock speed
He have to upgrade to Phenom II 965 @ 3.4Ghz or dolphin won't run well
(02-22-2012, 06:56 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you expect from 1st gen Phenom (I) that only has 2.3Ghz clock speed

Yeah that's what I thought too. Just haven't seen a slow motion effect happen in a game that's caused from hardware. But thanks
(02-22-2012, 07:36 PM)eXiilez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2012, 06:56 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you expect from 1st gen Phenom (I) that only has 2.3Ghz clock speed

Yeah that's what I thought too. Just haven't seen a slow motion effect happen in a game that's caused from hardware. But thanks

Only occurs in emulators which emulate fixed-framerate games, most PC games have their gametime clock running independent of the framerate.
(02-22-2012, 08:22 PM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]

Only occurs in emulators which emulate fixed-framerate games, most PC games have their gametime clock running independent of the framerate.

Right. Super Mario Sunshine runs superb but I assume that game isnt that hard to run. The bigger games like Zelda would be more intense to run? Because my computer runs the game fine. May as well upgrade the whole system.

(02-22-2012, 09:36 PM)eXiilez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2012, 08:22 PM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]

Right. Super Mario Sunshine runs superb but I assume that game isnt that hard to run. The bigger games like Zelda would be more intense to run? Because my computer runs the game fine. May as well upgrade the whole system.

Zelda WW : No
Zelda TP : Yes
Zelda SS : Yes
I thought the most demanding game of the 3 Zelda would be Zelda TP . Zelda TP need "EFB copy to Ram" to enable the map , right ?
Also Hyrule Field run much slower than others place
The map works with efb copy to texture it just doesn't look quite right, still very usable though.

WW is not very demanding.
TP is moderately demanding except for a few big areas like hyrule field.
SS is very demanding.