Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recommended Overclock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CPU: AMD Phenom X6 1055T 2,80 GHZ
Windows 7 x64
4,00 GB Memory Ram.
HD 6970 2GB

For overclocking my CPU, what do you recommend?. How much GHz?, if it won't make any difference in perfomance then you can tell me.

Thanks, again.

Edit: Oh wrong section probably, i'm sorry..
Phenom II @ 3.4Ghz will run many games well but please keep in mind no matter how much you overclock it , game that use LLE backend won't run well
Also do not use stock cooler , get the aftermarket one and afermarket thermal compound (Arctic cooling MX-4)
Thanks really!,

I'll test it.

Also, what cooler could be the best or necessary for this kind of CPU's?.

Thanks again.
Quote:For overclocking my CPU, what do you recommend?. How much GHz?, if it won't make any difference in perfomance then you can tell me.
General rule for any CPU with Dolphin - overclock as high as it possible with 100% system stability without raising CPU voltage while keeping max temperature in safe range. (50ºC maximum unless you want to get 80ºC+ and fry your CPU when it will be a hot summer day with more than 30ºC in your room)
Also keep in mind that overclocking increases power requirements, so if your system is running on 450w CPU with powerful video card and 4+ hard drives, you'll need to buy at least a good 550w PSU if you want to go more than 400-500MHz higher than stock clock speed.