Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Do SSD improve Dolphin emulator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As the title said , if i get a SSD.. Will i get a smoother gameplay of dolphin emulator ? I'm playing One Piece games..
It's better than HDD , load any program instantly (like 0.01 sec), boot windows under 7 sec , no heat which is good for laptop . I have almost no crash , less lag and with Xenoblade and Zelda SS while some others people have alot but i'm not so sure SSD has anything to do with it
But you want more speed then no ...
Nope, data loading from a hard drive is already way faster than Wii DVDs (for example SSBB: takes 1 sec to load on Dolphin instead of 20 on a Wii).

Lag (not general low FPS, but stuttering for upto seconds on 1 frame) is caused by other stuff, like shader compilation
It will decrease (which is already super fast) game loading time (if you use "speed up disc transfer rate), but otherwise not really.
Hi

For the improvement of the dolphin let so many comments are being taken and it will be decided within days.
what?
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=21870
i think he is using some crappy translate tool Big Grin
(02-22-2012, 12:28 AM)ishadows Wrote: [ -> ]As the title said , if i get a SSD.. Will i get a smoother gameplay of dolphin emulator ? I'm playing One Piece games..

Nope. Get faster Processor instead, this is the bottleneck for A LOT of people, something like i5 2500K and a good mobo.
How can you recommend something like this based on an assumption? You have no clue what his hardware is, his question has already been answered.
I sure haven't noticed any improvement when using Dolphin with an SSD, only OS wise like startup and shutdowns.
It's still a complete waste of money to buy a real big SSD. I'll not getting one until my next build in the future.
Pages: 1 2 3