Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games Won't Start!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

effortless-

Recently downloaded this emulator and can't seem to get a game to work. I've been trying to play the final fantasy iv - the after years.wad but every time I load a game I am taken to an "Adjust Screen" menu. Once I adjust my screen it sends me to the Wii Home Menu where I can't go anywhere with. I've looked at a lot of tutorials and videos regarding starting this game and none of them show the emulator taking the user to the Wii Menu Screen. I've tried 5+ different versions of Dolphin-emu and they all have the same issue. Any ideas?

Windows 7 64bit
i5-2410M @ 2.3ghz
4GB Ram
nvidia gt 555m
dolphin 3.0-422

Thanks!

EDIT : This is the screen I'm directed to every time I start a game... Cannot access the games!

effortless-

No answers? Sad

effortless-

Still need a solution!
Are you sure you are loading the iso from the main emulator window? You should just open each game by double clicking on it (see image).

effortless-

(02-23-2012, 03:30 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you are loading the iso from the main emulator window? You should just open each game by double clicking on it (see image).

Yeah I have all the Emu files extracted to my documents folder, as well as any .wad's and ISO's I have. The games show up in the Emu window but I get the same issue no matter what game I start.

Sad
Have you tried ripping the game (e.g. with cleanrip) and leaving it as the exact .iso file? All I can think is that you are using some strange and incompatible format, or that you are using a bad rip. If you aren't doing your own rips of your own discs then you cannot guarantee that it is exactly what you need.