Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: new SMB freezing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wiki says

3.0-376 Windows 7 x64 AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.2GHz ATI Radeon HD 6870 Smooth 60fps, no Errors, perfectly playable

This is the system I have just about to a T. For some unknown reason the game will freeze on me, and continue to play the music. Any thoughts?
Use Dolphin 3.0 no issue here with NSMB

Tankian

(02-21-2012, 11:35 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Use Dolphin 3.0 no issue here with NSMB

I used to have freez with the lastest version. Someone mentioned to use revision 3.071 and i confirm it works perfectly.
I'm using 3.0 419 ( all default settings ). I have been trying since 2xx something. Just not working for me.
A Bad dump maybe?
I just re dumped it. Plus left it uncompressed. Still doing it, I'm baffled.

Well there is one thing I didnt ask, do you guys use the chuck? I decided to go chuck with this game, I may try old school and see if that is it.
Quote:
As of the latest revisions (Pal version), you don't need to patch your ISO anymore!

NTSC version (both NTSC-U and NTSC-J) would need to use this trick or else the game will freeze every 5-10 minutes ingame:

1. Get WiiScrubber, NSMB.Wii PPF-Patches package and PPF-O-Matic (Google them, don't ask in this thread)
2. Run MakeKeyBin.exe for generating 2 files: key.bin and kkey.bin and place these files in WiiScrubber's folder
3. Run WiiScrubber and extract main.dol of your NSMB Wii iso
4. Patch this main.dol with PPF-O-Matic using right region PPF-Patch
5. Replace maid.dol you patched with one in your iso with WiiScrubber and save
6. Have fun! Smile

Known Problems

If you don't patch it , the game will freeze after 3-5 min ingame
um, sounded good but didnt help? The first attempt I broke my rip, second it seemed to work as the game loaded ( still froze ). I figure I'd look for a rip online already patched to see if it was me but it did the same thing, still freezing. I even tried one of them pal things ( same issue ). Is there a way to verify my rip was patched right?

griladoh

I have this problem however I do not understand how I can fix the problem.

1. Get WiiScrubber, NSMB.Wii package PTT and PTT-Patches-O-Matic (Google Them, do not ask in this thread)
2. Run MakeKeyBin.exe for generating two files: key.bin and kkey.bin These files and place in WiiScrubber's folder
3. Run and extract WiiScrubber main.dol of your NSMB Wii iso
4. Main.dol this patch with PPF-O-Matic right region using PPF-Patch
5. Replace maid.dol you patched with one in your iso with WiiScrubber and save
6. Have fun!

I could not extract the main.dol could put a print screen for me to see?

sry for bad english I'm brasilian
Well I will help you and maybe end up helping my self Tongue

make sure you run WiiScrubber from the folder with the two bin files you made.
oped the uncompressed iso file ( not a compressed version ) click on the +. You shoudl see main.dol in there, right click and extract it.
Pages: 1 2