Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rhythm Heaven Fever Audio Delay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bluexy

Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of the first Rhythm Heaven so I recently purchased Fever. Unfortunately my TV has ridiculous audio lag and the "Game" mode doesn't solve it. I decided to emulate it with Dolphin on my PC in the hopes it would solve my woes, but I'm getting audio lag here as well.

The "DSP HLE Emulation" has no notable lag, but has severe problems with RHF, dropping music, screeching, and a few other sporadic issues.

"DSP LLE recompiler" is giving me consistent audio lag, probably under a quarter of a second, but extremely noticeable in a rhythm game -- especially when compared to HLE.

"DSP LLE interpreter" just straight up runs everything poorly.

I've tried fiddling with other settings, like the Audio Backend, the "Lock Threads to Cores" and alternated thru the DSP emulator engines on each of them with no variance in gameplay.

I'm sure the DSP HLE emu issue would require a Dolphin update, but is my quarter second delay with the DSP LLE recompiler to be expected? The delay drives me crazy, to the point I'm playing with with no audio...

Thanks in advance,

bluexy
Dolphin 3.0-421, i7 2400k # 3.4GHz --
try to enable Audio Throttle.

Config -> Framelimit

Set the framelimit to Audio. (this is the audio throttle setting. this option is a little bit hidden)
Well....i5 2500k and i7 2600k are for overclocking . You can safely overclock it to 4.0ghz or even more with aftermarket cooler
Or using software to force it turbo boost to 3.8Ghz when using dolphin

bluexy

(02-19-2012, 10:06 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Set the framelimit to Audio. (this is the audio throttle setting. this option is a little bit hidden)

No noticeable improvements.

(02-19-2012, 10:28 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Well....i5 2500k and i7 2600k are for overclocking . You can safely overclock it to 4.0ghz or even more with aftermarket cooler

Do you think the audio lag could be a result of my clock rate? Or just giving general advice because I'm not taking full advantage of my CPU. Smile

(02-20-2012, 08:11 AM)bluexy Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think the audio lag could be a result of my clock rate?

Yes, also what is the point in getting a "k" if you don't overclock >.>
(02-20-2012, 08:11 AM)bluexy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2012, 10:28 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Well....i5 2500k and i7 2600k are for overclocking . You can safely overclock it to 4.0ghz or even more with aftermarket cooler

Do you think the audio lag could be a result of my clock rate? Or just giving general advice because I'm not taking full advantage of my CPU. Smile

It has nothing to do with Overclocking. My i7 2600k is at 4.4ghz and I still get the audio delay, same as you. I hate people who just offer blanket bs advice.

(02-20-2012, 09:06 AM)oneshot Wrote: [ -> ]

It has nothing to do with Overclocking. My i7 2600k is at 4.4ghz and I still get the audio delay, same as you. I hate people who just offer blanket bs advice.

Yes it does, it WILL help, it may not fix it, but it will help.
(02-20-2012, 09:58 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2012, 09:06 AM)oneshot Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes it does, it WILL help, it may not fix it, but it will help.

Of course it will help in general except it makes NO DIFFERENCE with this specific problem with Dolphin and this game.

bluexy

Friend worked at Intel, I asked him what CPUs they had overstocked (discount), he said 2600k. I bought it, figured I could overclock it if I ever needed the extra power... haven't needed it yet. <3

Basically, I've settled for no audio delay on the DSP HLE emulation and certain mini-games missing music + terrible static screeching on occasion. I've found that restarting Dolphin until the music sounds right at startup typically means that none of the severe problems will show themselves. Still, it's a sloppy workaround, but I think it's better than a quarter second delay.

But if anyone else has another idea how to minimize the audio delay on DSP LLE recompiler, I'll anxiously keep checking this thread.

It's a really fun game, if you guys haven't tried it!
(02-20-2012, 10:44 AM)bluexy Wrote: [ -> ]Friend worked at Intel, I asked him what CPUs they had overstocked (discount), he said 2600k. I bought it, figured I could overclock it if I ever needed the extra power... haven't needed it yet. <3

Basically, I've settled for no audio delay on the DSP HLE emulation and certain mini-games missing music + terrible static screeching on occasion. I've found that restarting Dolphin until the music sounds right at startup typically means that none of the severe problems will show themselves. Still, it's a sloppy workaround, but I think it's better than a quarter second delay.

But if anyone else has another idea how to minimize the audio delay on DSP LLE recompiler, I'll anxiously keep checking this thread.

It's a really fun game, if you guys haven't tried it!

Does this fix the Remix 1 not loading problem as well? That's the major problem right now
Sad Had to resort to getting a 100% save but thats not really fun.