Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my pc able to run the emulator ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

elzouain

Hi, I'm having problems with the emulator, if you could tell me what's wrong with my pc I'll appreciate it. This is the list of my pc parts:

Microsoft Windows Xp SP 3
Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.0 GHz
2 GB Ram DDR2
512 MB Graphics card ATI Sapphire X1550
200 GB hard disk

The emulator is :
Dolphin SVN Build 2195

In the moment I start the emulation, i see how the characters of SMBMelee move slowly when there are more than two players, if I turn off the sound in the Dolphin, it runs a little faster and the floor graphics change to black.
try turn on Dual core support

Option>Configure>Enable Dual Core support

elzouain

I did it and didn't work

LuisR14

are you using the Dx plugin? >_>
looks like you answered your own question.

elzouain

When I use that plugin the fps isn't faster than 10.0 and for just 2 secs it gets to 30
(06-23-2009, 10:24 AM)elzouain Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm having problems with the emulator, if you could tell me what's wrong with my pc I'll appreciate it. This is the list of my pc parts:

Microsoft Windows Xp SP 3
Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.0 GHz
2 GB Ram DDR2
512 MB Graphics card ATI Sapphire X1550
200 GB hard disk

The emulator is :
Dolphin SVN Build 2195

In the moment I start the emulation, i see how the characters of SMBMelee move slowly when there are more than two players, if I turn off the sound in the Dolphin, it runs a little faster and the floor graphics change to black.

The speed of emulation heavily depends on processor speed, but not much on others. I also have 2.0 ghz dual core, and I get same results as you do. At current point, we can't do anymore to speed up dolphin.
Old school Graphics that you have here ! Only supports Ogl 2.0 , plus your Pentium (even dual core ) is not very efficient ^^