Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Framerate just slightly off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jonvice111

Whenever I start a game, I get the annoying slowdown that comes from a slightly low framerate (about 23 fps instead of 30). I assumed that my computer wasn't powerful enough for the emulator, so I tried lowering the framerate limiter to 20 with frame skipping on so it would at least keep a consistent speed. Then, the framerate lowered to around 16 fps. I have tried many different configurations and many different games, but always the same problem. The frames that I get stay consistently around 4/5 of what the limit is set to. Anyone know of a cause for this or a possible patch in the future that might fix? BTW, im using a 2010 macbook pro 13" on windows 7 for this. Also, I have only been using gamecube games.
Have you ticked "Limit by FPS" ?

Jonvice111

(02-18-2012, 11:51 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ticked "Limit by FPS" ?

Yeah, sorry I had the wrong info in the explanation. I am only having this problem with Resident Evil 4 and I used "Limit by FPS" to get it up to 23 frames to begin with, so its not that. Sorry for the late response, as well.