Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics help for Pikmin 2? (photo included)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kawiah

Thanks for taking the time to read!

I am having some issues with the graphics in Pikmin 2. There is a blocky texture on top of the picture which is frozen. I can play the game and the picture will change, but the lighter areas are stuck on top of it, which makes it difficult and uncomfortable to see.

This texture does not appear on the Menu screen or in any of the cutscenes, just during gameplay.

I tried to switch between 60 Hz and 50 Hz at the start of the game, but it didn't make a difference.

I don't know if this is something I can fix by changing settings or if the ISO is bad.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, intel core i7 processor, 4 GB of RAM. I have been able to play Zelda Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Pikmin, and Animal Crossing on Dolphin.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
I don't know if Pikmin 2 is supposed to render fine, but a similar glitch occurs with mario kart double dash if you disable EFB copies... Make sure you enable those and try both the "Texture" and "RAM" settings (leave the cache checkbox unchecked).

CoolFire

(02-17-2012, 02:13 PM)kawiah Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for taking the time to read!

I am having some issues with the graphics in Pikmin 2. There is a blocky texture on top of the picture which is frozen. I can play the game and the picture will change, but the lighter areas are stuck on top of it, which makes it difficult and uncomfortable to see.

This texture does not appear on the Menu screen or in any of the cutscenes, just during gameplay.

I tried to switch between 60 Hz and 50 Hz at the start of the game, but it didn't make a difference.

I don't know if this is something I can fix by changing settings or if the ISO is bad.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, intel core i7 processor, 4 GB of RAM. I have been able to play Zelda Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Pikmin, and Animal Crossing on Dolphin.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

hi, im new to dolphin.... but pikmin 2 works for me perfectly (after a start up error was fixed)

pikmin 2 was the first game i used for dolphin..... it would not start at first...... but now it works almost perfect with only a few graphic glitches that you would not even notice.

(like once in a while an object might be not render 100%... only 99%)

i have 2 recomendations..... 1. try dolphin 3.0.... the orignal.... thats the one i use.

2. make sure its on defult setings.... thats what i use.

if that dont work, try a new iso..... you might have a bad one.

oh, and to fix the problem i had with game not starting.

1. turn off sound.... in dolphins audio options.

2. allow the game to run for a few seconds.... then save your game with dolphins save state option.

3. exit game.

4. turn on sound back on, in audio options.

5. start game, and load your save state.

6. play!

i hope this helped you to some extent.....

what version of dolphin are you using?