Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP LLE Recompile - Slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wside420

Hi the game is Mario kart: Double Dash

AMD II x4 965 BE
Radeon 6800 HD
4 Gigs Ram
Windows 7 x32

When using
DSP LLE Recompile - Slow
(Tried multiple configs (Xaudio, Dsound, 32000hz, 48000hz, DSP LLE on thread)
Video settings set to minimum

The result is I get about 40-50fps the game and sound especially are very very choppy.
Looking at my CPU usage its about 90-100%

My questions are, Will running in windows 7 "x64" give me the performance boost to get the 60fps and sound that's not choppy?

If Not then...
Will a new cpu? for example

current cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4,198 passmark cpu score)
CPU I might get: Intel Core i7-2700K @ 3.50GHz (9,442 passmark cpu score)

Is anyone able to run DSP LLE Recompile without the audio being choppy?
and with 60fps.

(02-15-2012, 09:07 AM)wside420 Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone able to run DSP LLE Recompile without the audio being choppy?
and with 60fps.

Yeah, lots of people can. It's different for every game, but I know I can for a couple of games that require it. LLE is more demanding than HLE. You should try the latest builds of Dolphin, as the CPU usage with LLE on Thread has been reduced. It's been making a huge difference for me.

Quote:My questions are, Will running in windows 7 "x64" give me the performance boost to get the 60fps and sound that's not choppy?

The x64 version of Windows 7 ought to boost your performance when using LLE, but I'm not sure by how much, or if it'll even impact your FPS. My guess is that you'll certainly notice the difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Dolphin. That said, it doesn't look like going 64-bit will hurt you at all.

Quote:If Not then...
Will a new cpu? for example

current cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4,198 passmark cpu score)
CPU I might get: Intel Core i7-2700K @ 3.50GHz (9,442 passmark cpu score)

I doubt that Passmark scores are an accurate measure of Dolphin performance. Even so, the 2700K will definitely beat almost anything you can throw at it. LLE shouldn't be much of a problem then. But before you decide to buy a new CPU, like I said, try the latest revisions.

wside420

I'm currently running Dolphin 3.0 - 415 Dirty.
Is there a newer revision?
I pulled mine from Git a few nights ago and compiled it myself. It says 3.0-416, but the site only has 3.0-415. Guess mine just has a small bug fix. Regardless, 3.0-415 is the one that removed the busy-wait from LLE on Thread.

Anyways, that 2700K would be beastly, even before you OC it. If you had the 64-bit Win 7 with it too, I think you'd be more than pleased with the results.

wside420

If anyone was wondering.
x64 Windows 7 Provided a significant increase in performance.

I didn't have to upgrade my CPU.
Although I was not able to achieve 60fps with DSP when playing
split screen 2 player on Mario Kart Double Dash (40fps)
Quote:Although I was not able to achieve 60fps with DSP when playing
split screen 2 player on Mario Kart Double Dash (40fps)

You will if you upgrade to sandy bridge.