Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSX 3 major graphics issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

brettley

I wanted to simply play SSX 3, as a child I loved this game, and wanted to go back to it. well, i got dolphin for x64, opens just fine, BUT, when i load SSX 3 rom/iso, it does the whole loading screen and memory card read just fine, but the MOMENT it tries to show the start screen, the graphics go insane, its like there are 4 renders of it on screen, all stagered to a 1/4th of the screen, and its all off colored and glitchy around. What is the problem here? has anyone else had this issue?Huh
Post your settings. Press the Config button and look at the General Tab; also press the Graphics buttons and look under the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs.

brettley

(02-15-2012, 05:27 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Post your settings. Press the Config button and look at the General Tab; also press the Graphics buttons and look under the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs.

I have attached an image with a screenshot of all windows as of now, along with what I see in the emulation window. the windows were all cropped together from different screenshots
Dunno how much this will help, but some things that might the game run smoother: Try setting Texture Cache Accuracy closer to Safe. Looking at the SSX 3 Dolphin wiki entry, you should turn on Skip EFB Access from CPU to avoid issues that drop FPS during game play. Make sure your video card drivers are up to date and try the latest revision of Dolphin too. Also, changing the video backend might help.
That's a known issue with the game. Just keep hammering the start button and the game will start, without the messed up graphics.