Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Plugin_VideoDX9.dll doesn't appear in the Graphics plugin selector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

toto

Hello everyone,

First : - my graphic card is Radeon X1950 Pro with last drivers
- my processor is Athlon 64 X2 @ 2,86 GHz
- operating system is Windows XP SP2

Next : I am using Dolphin SVN 2745 and despite that the Plugin_VideoDX9.dll is present in the Dolphin's Plugins drawer, I can't load it, it doesn't appear in the Graphics plugin selector. I can only use the Dolphin OpenGL plugin but it is slow...
I have installed the last DirectX 9.0 runtime from march 2009, but this is always the same problem : I can't see Direct3D plugin in Graphics the plugin selector.

Anyone knows how to make appear the Direct3D plugin in the Graphics plugin selector ?

Thank you for your answers.

Sincerely, Marco
You need to UPDATE your directx not INSTALL Tongue. Also did you check stickies?

MukiEX

Is it appropriate to hijack this thread instead of starting a new one? Mainly 'cause I have two questions and one is directly related to this thread.

I have Windows 7 (beta, of course), a Radeon 4850, and DirectX 11 installed. The DX9 plugin still doesn't show up on my end, even after I ran the installer on the relevant question on the sticky about this. Is this a bug or does DX9 need to be updated seperately? ( I recall hearing that DX9 is essentially run under a sort of "compatibility layer" in 7 )

Also, under the OpenGL plugin, if I turn on anti-aliasing (e.g. set it to anything other than "off"), Tatsunoko vs Capcom presents me with a black screen. Is there a workaround for that? (sadly, Ati drivers don't have an option in Windows to force AA on OpenGL titles)
Do you have cgD3D.dll in your dolphin folder?