Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Robotech Battlecry Doesn't Work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this game is supposed to be fully compatible but it freezes right when it boots up for me. even the yellow text on the screen (when you first boot up) that shows your system's info and dolphin settings freezes.

does this need specific settings or something?
Bumping this as it's related. This game has a 4 star rating in the wiki, although the page for it seems to be fairly non-existant at the moment.

I can boot the game, and have it run and play normally. At least it sounds like I am, the display output for this game is a completely black screen (the only one i own that this happens to, rest are pretty much perfect)

Not sure where to report this, since there isn't really a wiki atm, or make a suggestion of my experience of 2 stars? (it's not playable as is atm of course) rating.

edit: instead of haphazardly moving the stick and pushing buttons, I have found that just pressing nothing but A a few times will get you to the main menu and then you can play the game, lol. It's just cut scenes and the intro movie that are blacked out.
i think this game requires xfb or something
Yes Real XFB (External Frame Buffer) is needed
Yeah, a few games are like that with their cut-scenes, and it can easily deceive users into thinking the game has stopped. PSO I & II do the same, at least when you create a character.

If there's no wiki entry, or the entry seems lacking, you're free and welcome to contribute your experiences. The wiki may not always be up to date, but we could always use more info. It won't get any more accurate if no one contributes, after all :p
Real EFB was it, thanks!

edit:

Ok, I tried the Wiki, I have never made one before so it kind of sucks. Here is the entry (that was already there, but previously blank)
http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti..._Battlecry

HOWEVER, When you right click the game in Dolphin and choose wiki, it wants to load:
http://api.dolphin-emu.org/wiki.html?id=...0Battlecry

which results in: Game not in wiki yet.

That is the only game I have which does that, and I don't know enough about this wiki stuff to try and correct it.