Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Corrupt Save files (searched forum)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

MrWayne

Hi there!

I think i just messed up my gc-memorycard, more exactly a specific save file.

this is what i did:

i dld latest dolphin-rev to play my zelda games on pc, plus setted it up, like the wiki told me....
so i tested windwaker first and created a save file, played a few hours, save and quit...
then i started twilight princess, created a save, played a few hours, saved and quit.

ok, so far so good.. everything worked fine by then..

ah few days later (today) i decided not play windwaker any further
and wanted to remove the windwaker save file from my memorycard,
so i have a clean twilight princess - only memorycard..

and there starts the problem. i loaded the memorycard via manager,
selected windwaker save and pushed delete..
after that my twilight save was kinda crapped..
the windwaker dissapeared from the list and the twilight completly messed up...

i mean the save is still there, but i can see its corrupted and the game wont let me load it (corrupt)

so, is there any way to fix this save-file from my memorycard? i allready tried to fix checksums, which didnt work..
i have uploaded all the files to a zip and hope anybody can maybe help me plz!!

btw. in the pic you can see what it looks like (the 2nd save should be the twilight one)
sadly i read the backup-warning in the title to late...

Thanks for any help!!

Cheers
try this

for the future: fix checksums does absolutely nothing unless you hand edit the memorycard
don't use the manager to delete files, if it is necessary use the ipl/sysmenu or wait for my pending fix that actually deletes the correct way

EDIT:
tested with NTSC ZTP (by changing the gamecode of the save) and it works.

This memorycard should work for you

MrWayne

yes it works great, thx alot for helping me out!
well, i guess i wont delete save files for a while Smile

thx again

Disto

Hello everyone , i'm experiencing a similar issue with dolphin when i'm using developper build , but not with the GC mem card , which works just fine , but i can't seem to save my Wii games .
I can save state but not within the emulated game , not even the settings in the options , nothing is saved.

For example , i'm playing my PAL Xenoblade patch 30 fps , and right at the beginning it says that the file is corrupted therefore saving my game will be impossible , same thing with SSBB.

On the other hand the official releases of Dolphin (up to 3.5-367) allow me to save just fine .

Is this normal for a developper build ?(which i know are less stable) Can i fix this ? I would really like to play with the new HLE especially for Xenoblade .

I tried the following builds : 3.5-1699 / 3.5-1391 / 3.5-1154.

Thank you for reading me and for making this fantastic job with dolphin . Have a good day !
Should've made a new thread or posted in the Xenoblade game thread.

You should extract the (7z) archive. Don't run anything in it when it's still packed.
Extract it to the desktop or your other hard drive/partition (if you have one).

Disto

(08-03-2013, 09:55 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Should've made a new thread or posted in the Xenoblade game thread.

You should extract the (7z) archive. Don't run anything in it when it's still packed.
Extract it to the desktop or your other hard drive/partition (if you have one).
Thanks for the reply , i didn't post in the Xeno thread because i had this issue with every wii games i played .
I tried to extract it with 7z (i used winrar the first time ) on the desktop but still the same error and impossible to save , i also tried to move my title file in the new dolphin it had my saved games in game and don't pop any corrupted data error at launch but whenever i try to save in game afterwards it leaves a blank file instead and i get the error when i restart dolphin ...

I'd like to point out again that i have no issue at all with gc games , or when i use an "official" dolphin .
Those builds are not official at all (assuming you got them here), the only official builds are here:

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Disto

(08-03-2013, 10:53 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Those builds are not official at all (assuming you got them here), the only official builds are here:

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Oh i thought it was the other way around actually , but the unofficial ones in the first link you posted and the stable ones ,in the second, are working for me when it comes to saving , the in-developpement versions of the second link (official) i tried had this issue about saving .
Well, the problem is definitely on your end. Everything works fine here.

What does your directory structure look like?
Like, what does your path look like to where Dolphin.exe is located?
Example: D:\Emulation\Emulators\GCnWii\dolphin-master-3.5-1699-x64\Dolphin.exe

Disto

(08-03-2013, 11:47 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the problem is definitely on your end. Everything works fine here.

What does your directory structure look like?
Like, what does your path look like to where Dolphin.exe is located?
Example: D:\Emulation\Emulators\GCnWii\dolphin-master-3.5-1699-x64\Dolphin.exe
It's ok , i did as you said a partition and extracted my Dolphin here and it worked ! Thanks for the help
Pages: 1 2