Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Connor M

So anyway, I recently got Dolphin 3.0 in an attempt to emulate Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn since I hadn't played them in a long time. I fixed any problems I had with Path of Radiance and played through it, and I'm working on doing the same for Radiant Dawn. The problem is though, all the fixes I've found must be based on the 2.0 version of Dolphin, and certain key options such as "Enable Audio Throttling" (something I NEED because this weird jittery audio is driving me nuts). I tried to post this in the game discussion forum, but for some reason it said I wasn't allowed to make a new threat. Figures. Anyway, my main questions are: What are key options to enable/disable for general audio improvement in Wii based games, and more specifically, for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? Where is the new "Enable Audio Throttle" feature located now?
(02-12-2012, 12:53 PM)Connor M Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to post this in the game discussion forum, but for some reason it said I wasn't allowed to make a new threat.

Obviously. The forums are set up to make threads, not threats. Wink

(02-12-2012, 12:53 PM)Connor M Wrote: [ -> ]What are key options to enable/disable for general audio improvement in Wii based games, and more specifically, for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? Where is the new "Enable Audio Throttle" feature located now?

For 3.0, I think audio throttling is under your DSP settings; look for a checkbox under Sound Settings. Audio throttling has moved in recent revisions, it now shows up when you click the Config button and look at the Frame limit. It's the "Audio" option. Any other audio issues are usually solved by using LLE. Read the DSP dumping guide to find out how to get them. LLE is more demanding than HLE audio, so you should only go to LLE if audio throttling doesn't get rid of that jittery audio. LLE's usually only good if you're already getting full-speed without it.

If you can handle LLE and find that you need it, you should definitely enable LLE on Thread in your DSP settings. The most recent revisions of Dolphin have reduced some of the CPU usage needed for LLE, and it runs a lot better, at least in my tests so far.

Connor M

(02-12-2012, 02:12 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2012, 12:53 PM)Connor M Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to post this in the game discussion forum, but for some reason it said I wasn't allowed to make a new threat.

Obviously. The forums are set up to make threads, not threats. Wink

(02-12-2012, 12:53 PM)Connor M Wrote: [ -> ]What are key options to enable/disable for general audio improvement in Wii based games, and more specifically, for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? Where is the new "Enable Audio Throttle" feature located now?

For 3.0, I think audio throttling is under your DSP settings; look for a checkbox under Sound Settings. Audio throttling has moved in recent revisions, it now shows up when you click the Config button and look at the Frame limit. It's the "Audio" option. Any other audio issues are usually solved by using LLE. Read the DSP dumping guide to find out how to get them. LLE is more demanding than HLE audio, so you should only go to LLE if audio throttling doesn't get rid of that jittery audio. LLE's usually only good if you're already getting full-speed without it.

If you can handle LLE and find that you need it, you should definitely enable LLE on Thread in your DSP settings. The most recent revisions of Dolphin have reduced some of the CPU usage needed for LLE, and it runs a lot better, at least in my tests so far.
Thank you! I actually solved my problems on my own doing exactly what you said, prior to reading this haha. I had to go through the extensive process of dumping my Wii's files and stuff for the audio, but yeah my computer is a monster and can easily handle the LLE Recompiler.