Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laptop for Resident Evils
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm planning on buying a new laptop, so I've been wondering if I'll be able to play my wii games on it? I mean, a mobile wii would be sth awesome. So, here's the rig I wanna buy - HP PAVILION G6-1225SM with Intel Core i5 Processor 2430M@2.4ghz up to 3.0ghz with turbo boost, 6gb ram, AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6470 with 1GB DDR3, 750gb hdd. I'd primarily play all RE titles that have come out for wii.
I'm not sure about buying a laptop just for dolphin unless it has a very high-end cooling solution such as Asus G series , MSI G series , Alienware (though AW is overpriced). Mid-end notebook only last 2 hours at best before overheating with dolphin that's why i modded 40mm fan at the bottom of my laptop ... My laptop can play game a whole day without resting

The laptop that come with high-end cooling is ultra heavy , you know ...

That i5 should be fine for most games if you keep that laptop running cool enough...
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6470 is ok for 480p . If you want Dolphin in HD then stay away from that GPU , get Nvidia Gt540M or AMD 6650M instead
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-...075.0.html
Ok thanks. I'm not buying the laptop just for dolphin, but while I am at it, I might just as well include it. So, a laptop pad for cooling wouldn't help I guess...? So, what are you suggesting concerning cooling, to mod it or sth else?
I suggest you should wait a few months (2 months i guess) when Ivy Bridge come out
Ivy Bridge has much lower TDP (lower power consumsion) so it should run cooler and faster than Sandy Bridge
Ivy Bridge integrated GPU will support Directx 11 and it should be on par with Nvidia GT 610M / Nvidia GT 520MX or AMD 6490M -> Save money for the GPU
Edit : Add some pics :
[Image: 8481201_ztvgij120211194542.jpg]
[Image: 8481201_azsngo120211194550.jpg]
Thanks for the tip! I wasn't aware of the fact that Ivy Bridge is coming! I think I'll wait for it then!