Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Minna no Rhythm Tengoku issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, after solving the infamous no music problem by setting the DSP emulator engine to DSP LLE recompiler, the emulation is almost perfect. Only a few problems, though...

Night Walk - drops by about 10FPS until the part when it's daytime, it's perfect there
Lobster one (forgot its name) - Very flashy most of the time, even in remixes, could cause epileptic seizures
Built to Scale - When it's time to fire it, it slows down to about half of the speed then goes back to normal

Besides that, it's perfect. Now, I was wondering if there are any optimizations that could be done to perhaps improve on this.

My current config is in the attachments.
Anyone?
LLE backend ? With your CPU ?
Sorry , your CPU is too weak to run game fullspeed with LLE
Super Mario Galaxy + HLE backend = 3.0ghz Sandy Bridge i3/i5/i7
SMG + LLE backend = 4.4ghz SB i5 2500k or i7 2600k
Dolphin uses 2 core + [1 core for LLE backend]
I assume this game is "light"
-> you would need i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz
Just because my CPU is an AMD doesn't automatically make it weak. I've had many bad experiences with Intel, so I'm never going back.
Besides, without LLE backend, this game is impossible to play because all the music stops, and this game is all about rhythm.
My CPU is 6 cores. It's perfectly capable of using 2 cores for Dolphin + 1 core for LLE backend.
Why are you asking if you already think you know? Yes, your CPU is perfectly capable of running Dolphin with 3 cores, but it's not capable of doing it fast enough. Isn't that obvious by the lack of speed? This will be the second time someone is telling you this, there is no other way to say it. Use HLE with good speed, LLE at slow speeds or get a better CPU.
sry Knuckles but Starscream is right...
(02-12-2012, 09:00 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you asking if you already think you know? Yes, your CPU is perfectly capable of running Dolphin with 3 cores, but it's not capable of doing it fast enough. Isn't that obvious by the lack of speed? This will be the second time someone is telling you this, there is no other way to say it. Use HLE with good speed, LLE at slow speeds or get a better CPU.
OK, first of all, I never said I think I know, or anything similar.
And it should be fast enough... I'm not sure. I'll try some more things, then come back here.
I mentioned that I can't use HLE because otherwise the game is impossible to play.

To add to this (sorry for double posting but it's not my fault - why can't the edit button be for everyone and not just people with more than 10 posts?) It seems to be more of a graphical issue on Night Walk, because it runs perfectly after the transition to daytime.
Your CPU is fast if only dolphin could use all 6 core
But dolphin only use 2 core plus 1 core for LLE back end
Overclocking could help but you need aftermarket cooling fan + decent PSU + decent motherboard that support overclocking

Let me say it again
LLE back-end need 4.0ghz+ CPU (Sandy Bridge)
Some parts of some games can run well with LLE and that CPU depending on the game and what else is going on, but the CPU is still the issue. Try overclocking, the more CPU power the better.
I downloaded the necessary plug-ins, then launched LLE. First, the game was okay, there were only small freezes, but the first remix fails to run. I don't know what was going on, the game just freezes. But it shows a stable FPS: 50 to 60. And closed the game with no errors. I tried the Japanese version, but, first, there are buggy fonts, and, secondly, the game crashes after training just before the first level. What should I do? Can this be solved somehow?
Pages: 1 2 3