Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Enabling Cheats, loading state crashes dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

So, my problem is pretty much what the subject of the thread says. I've copied my discs of Pikmin 2, Wind Waker and a few others to my iMac, but enabling cheats (I only enable them to fix the heat effect using the AR Code 003F6B2A 00000000 in Dragon Roost Cavern) makes the emulator crash upon loading a save state. I can load the game just fine going through the normal game loading menu, but no dice with the Dolphin save states.

I encountered this issue with 3.0 dolphin, so I updated to 3.0-413, which didn't fix anything.

I like being able to save my state at any location in the game, so I can come back later in the day and resume like nothing happened, but I can't! Can anyone help me?
I apologize for the double post, I don't believe I can edit my original post.

This is the error message that pops up when the emulation crashes:

ERROR: Compiling at 0. LR=00000000 CTR=80283bbc

There is an OK button for me to press, but doing so does nothing. The Dolphin emulation screen is blank white. All I can do is exit the emulation, and reload the game.
Probably the only thing to do...don't use save states Big Grin
(02-10-2012, 11:55 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the only thing to do...don't use save states Big Grin

Haha really? Are they not stable or something?
(02-10-2012, 11:56 AM)captainreynolds Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2012, 11:55 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the only thing to do...don't use save states Big Grin

Haha really? Are they not stable or something?

Exactly Wink