Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Frame Dumping with SSBB Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DodgyI have this problem when after I dump my frames and view it, the .AVI is either "TOO FAST" or it will gain speed then go back to normal and repeat it through out the video thus making my dumped audio/video UNSYNCABLE. (Audio is perfectly fine)

I do use virtualdub to make the speed normal if TOO FAST. (Which is always)

The main problem is the "video gaining speed then go back to normal and repeat it through out the video"

[Image: s.jpg]

Using OpenGL

Is it doing this because I have "Dual Core" and "Idle Skipping" enabled?

ALSO IS THERE A POSSIBLE WAY TO FIX THE DOUBLE SPEED SO I DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE IT IN VIRTUALDUB?Dodgy
Hmm...you wouldn't happen to have progressive scan on would you? When I have it on the audio is half speed XD (in SSBB anyway)
(02-10-2012, 11:04 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...you wouldn't happen to have progressive scan on would you? When I have it on the audio is half speed XD (in SSBB anyway)

Yes, I do have progressive scan on but the audio is fine. Undecided
(02-10-2012, 11:26 AM)peronmls Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2012, 11:04 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...you wouldn't happen to have progressive scan on would you? When I have it on the audio is half speed XD (in SSBB anyway)

Try turning it off anyway Wink
(02-10-2012, 11:56 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay well does progressive scan give any better quality? Even the slightest bit?
(02-10-2012, 12:11 PM)peronmls Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay well does progressive scan give any better quality? Even the slightest bit?

In theory Big Grin
(02-10-2012, 12:26 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2012, 12:11 PM)peronmls Wrote: [ -> ]

In theory Big Grin

Well I turned off Dual Core, Idle Skipping, and Progressive Scan and set the Frame limiter to 60 and checked the box beside it and everything seems fine now.

But what has got me VERY confused is games running in 30FPS instead of 60FPS. Its still full frames I know that but right now the game is running on 30FPS (FULL) but i thought these games ran at 60FPS.

Can you help me understand this? ConfusedConfusedConfused

Some games run at 60 fps and some run at 30 fps. But all of them run at 60 vps. Audio throttling should be more accurate than vps limiting though so you might want to use that instead (update to the latest build and change the framelimit to audio).
(02-10-2012, 02:07 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Some games run at 60 fps and some run at 30 fps. But all of them run at 60 vps. Audio throttling should be more accurate than vps limiting though so you might want to use that instead (update to the latest build and change the framelimit to audio).

So if I framelimited a game at 60FPS if its 30FPS...idkConfused...what would happen?Tongue
Quote:So if I framelimited a game at 60FPS if its 30FPS...idk...what would happen?

Gamespeed would be capped at 200% instead of 100%. In other words the game could run twice as fast.

There are three ways to limit gamespeed to prevent a game from running faster than fullspeed (100%):

1. VPS limiting (turn use fps for limiting off). All NTSC-U (north american) and NTSC-J (japanese) games run at 60vps at fullspeed. PAL (european) games run at 50vps at fullspeed if EUR60 (sometimes called PAL60) mode is turned off, and 60vps if EUR60 is turned on.

2. FPS limiting (turn use fps for limiting on). NTSC games run at 60fps or 30fps and PAL games run at 50fps or 25fps, but keep in mind different parts of the game may run at different framerates (menus, videos, gameplay, etc.). This is why vps limiting is considered better. Different parts of the game may run at different framerates but they all run at the same vps.

3. Audio throttling (turn audio throttling on in the audio settings in older revisions or set the framelimit to audio in newer revisions, the option was moved from the audio tab to framelimit dropdown that's why). Considered the most accurate method of all, but it may have a performance hit because if audio slows down the gamespeed will automatically slow down as well. Also in some games and it can cause issues with a few games.

You can set the vps or fps limit manually (going in increments of 5 up to a max of 120). You can set it to off to leave the gamespeed unlimited. And you can set it to auto, which will try to choose the correct value for you (and works correctly 99.99% of the time).

Vsync also technically caps your fps at 60 if you're using a 60Hz monitor but you should still set a vps limit or use audio throttling because of the problems associated with fps limiting (see above).

Some users have said that they get microstuttering with vps limiting which fps limiting fixes. I don't know if it's true but it does make sense (either caused by a 60Hz vs. 59.976Hz mismatch or more likely dolphin not having accurate enough vbeam emulation to keep the timings right).
Pages: 1 2