Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How should these specs hold up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mtro

I'm running:
AMD FX 4100 Quad-Core proc
Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P mobo
8 gigs of DDR3 ram
ASUS GeForce GT 430 w/ 1 gig DDR3, DX11
Win 7 64-bit

I got the GeForge hoping to get Dolphin running in 2x internal resolution, but I'm running parts of games (like Mario Galaxy) at 60% in just 1x resolution.

Is this setup enough? I've messed with a lot of the settings, but can't get much to change.
Your GPU is sufficient enough to handle 2x IR, according to Minimum specs - video card thread. The problem looks like you're using one of AMD's Bulldozer CPUs. In terms of performance, Intel's Sandy Bridge, and even some of AMD's Phenom II chips, work better with Dolphin. I believe this was talked about recently too, check out this thread.

Also, if it's anything to do with your Dolphin settings, we won't know until you post them here.
8GB ram is overkill for Dolphine emulator. 4GB ram is more than enough.

Also, AMD FX series is weak for Dolphine emulator. Get something like i3 2120 which is much better
Even 4GB is kinda overkill for Dolphin; it doesn't use up that much RAM. You can even get away with 2GB. As long as you have enough, RAM usually isn't part of the equation for Dolphin performance. Besides, it's not like people here use their computers just for Dolphin.