Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i have a low spec but ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey , i just wanted to know how i'm i able to play some games , i've got a core 2 duo 6300 @ 1.86 , 2 gb ram , ati radoen hd 4450 and i can assure you that i play zelda ss at 23 fps in temples and outside and 27 at rooms , ... rayman full speed , ssbb full speed , mario galaxy like zelda ss , metroid full speed in-game .... normally people say that i can't run games with those specs why ?
Some people say that one can't run those games at those specs at full-speed because they've seen higher specs fail to reach full-speed. Anyone can come onto a forum and say "I can run a game at full-speed with xyz specs." I'd really like to know how you play those games at full-speed too. Settings? Revision? Proof like a screenshot or video? Full-speed can be affected by a lot of factors too, e.g. playing with the lowest settings as opposed to playing with the highest settings, so it's not always just about specs.
(02-07-2012, 06:00 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Some people say that one can't run those games at those specs at full-speed because they've seen higher specs fail to reach full-speed. Anyone can come onto a forum and say "I can run a game at full-speed with xyz specs." I'd really like to know how you play those games at full-speed too. Settings? Revision? Proof like a screenshot or video? Full-speed can be affected by a lot of factors too, e.g. playing with the lowest settings as opposed to playing with the highest settings, so it's not always just about specs.
i use the last dolphin revision , i have already posted screenshots in the zelda ss topic but i'll redo it here , i'll do the same with the configs Smile
ps : i also use game booster 3.0 .
You can run game but it's slow and not enjoyable . No point of emulation if your specs can't do it better than a wii , why not just buy a wii instead
Even an i7 at 1.86ghz is not enough , you need sth like 3ghz+
The only magic trick is overclocking (not recommend for beginner)
I've managed to complete SMG2 on even worse PC, with major slowdown of course. There's only a few levels that ran at max fps, and some even go as slow as 20fps, but if you can handle that, you should have no problems. There's very few games that will be playable on those specs though.
for the screens i took one from kirby wish kind of represent the mario games like : http://hapshack.com/images/xDhKf.png

and for the one that you said needs a powerful pc : http://hapshack.com/images/fzILh.png
(02-07-2012, 09:54 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You can run game but it's slow and not enjoyable . No point of emulation if your specs can't do it better than a wii , why not just buy a wii instead
Even an i7 at 1.86ghz is not enough , you need sth like 3ghz+
The only magic trick is overclocking (not recommend for beginner)

trust me they are really really enjoyable :p
(02-07-2012, 06:04 PM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]I've managed to complete SMG2 on even worse PC, with major slowdown of course. There's only a few levels that ran at max fps, and some even go as slow as 20fps, but if you can handle that, you should have no problems. There's very few games that will be playable on those specs though.

what piracy ? nop it's not if you have the original ^^
sam_yo: That area in Skyward gives everyone higher frames, walk to the outside open area and take a shot.