Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Yellow text appearing in left corner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The yellow text appearing in the left corner:

[Image: Dolphin_big_thumb.jpg]

Is there somehow to remove it/disable it?
It's possible, if you edited the relevant source code and compiled Dolphin yourself. But there's no option within Dolphin to turn it off. It disappears in a few seconds anyway.
(02-07-2012, 01:36 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible, if you edited the relevant source code and compiled Dolphin yourself. But there's no option within Dolphin to turn it off. It disappears in a few seconds anyway.

And how do i change this relevant source code?
Heh, I think you're one of the first people to ask that. Most people don't want to compile Dolphin themselves. Anyway, it should be easy enough. The file you want to edit is in the file Core.cpp. All you have to do is delete lines 345-347. They look like this:

Code:
DisplayMessage(cpu_info.brand_string, 8000);
DisplayMessage(cpu_info.Summarize(), 8000);
DisplayMessage(_CoreParameter.m_strFilename, 3000);

I haven't tried this, but it should work. Obviously, you'll have to compile Dolphin yourself though. It's easy enough on Linux, however, I dunno about Windows. Follow this guide; it should get you through everything.
If you want to disable all those messages it's probably easier to make DisplayMessage() return before it does anything, isn't it?
If you want to disable all those messages it's probably easier to put the implementations of Renderer::RenderText in comments, e.g. remove this line for d3d9 http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...er.cpp#341 .
I have Microsoft Visual C++ installed (which was required to install Dolphin), but I notice that a program named "Microsoft SDK" is required in order to do this.

Is thist he correct one?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...x?id=13287

I am running Vista 32 bit.
(02-10-2012, 01:15 AM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to disable all those messages it's probably easier to make DisplayMessage() return before it does anything, isn't it?

Well, DisplayMessage() is used for other things too, like whenever you load or save a save state, I think. I didn't know if emuguy wanted all yellow text gone, or just the lines that appear during startup, so I opted for just eliminating the startup ones.

(02-10-2012, 01:18 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to disable all those messages it's probably easier to put the implementations of Renderer::RenderText in comments, e.g. remove this line for d3d9 http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...er.cpp#341 .

I didn't think to look there, not too familiar with Dolphin's source code yet. Smile People seem to keep asking how you turn off the yellow text. Personally, I don't mind it, but it looks like it'd be pretty easy to switch them off if an option were added to the GUI. It's far from a priority in Dolphin, but it looks like some people would appreciate it.
(02-10-2012, 01:27 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think to look there, not too familiar with Dolphin's source code yet. Smile People seem to keep asking how you turn off the yellow text. Personally, I don't mind it, but it looks like it'd be pretty easy to switch them off if an option were added to the GUI. It's far from a priority in Dolphin, but it looks like some people would appreciate it.

But it's completely useless (really, who cares about something like that) and clutters the UI with yet another option. If it was my software, I wouldn't add it... ^^
Pages: 1 2