Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fix a Corrupt RAW Memory Card Dump?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
any update on this?
An F-Zero GX save file can be restored to the original memory card if the memory card has not been formatted in the meantime. Otherwise it is necessary to find out how the old memory card serial number is stored in the save file and then change it to correspond to a new serial number. As the save file appears to be encrypted, this could take some time.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have some possibly useful files to share.

I found that F-Zero GX works with No More Memorycards(NMM) on the Wii, which redirects saves to an SD card or USB drive, and noticed it saves files raw instead of as GCI files, so perhaps if the game doesn't encrypt the save itself, these 2 files are unencrypted, and can therefore be used for analysis? Please correct me if I'm wrong though. I'd love to hear any input on these 2 files. It's a blank F-zero GX NTSC/US file, with just the name entered.

Hopefully these help someone.
I do have a solution for F-zero savegame (and any savegame using Flash id), but I think F-zero is the only one.

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_al-fin-tr...rd_1799657

The forum is in spanish, I have yet to publish it somewhere (been apart from the scene too much)

The readme's are in english, so download the files, you shouldn't have any problem understanding the instructions
I do have a solution for F-zero savegame (and any savegame using Flash id), but I think F-zero is the only one.

EDIT: I posted it to gbatemp http://gbatemp.net/topic/332933-ctr-gcs-...savegames/
looking at the source of ctr-gcs_0.3 it appears that the serial/flashid is unchanged when restoring the backup. I can always test myself, but in case you already have tested, is this confirmed to work with official memorycards?

-edit-
just looked at the gbatemp thread, as i suspected it seems official cards will not work with this
(08-21-2012, 12:50 PM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]looking at the source of ctr-gcs_0.3 it appears that the serial/flashid is unchanged when restoring the backup. I can always test myself, but in case you already have tested, is this confirmed to work with official memorycards?

-edit-
just looked at the gbatemp thread, as i suspected it seems official cards will not work with this
Yes, unfortunately writing to oficial cards doesn't work, furthermore, it seems even then the memory card would report as corrupt because the real flashid can't be changed, but I'm wondering what would really happen.

Actually, you can use dolphin and AR codes to allow the F-zer savegame to be written to any card.

Use a raw dump of your phisical card where you want your game for that and the save on that dump (and the dump itself) will theoretically work fine.

Restoring dumps from SD to official cards is posible in gamecube mode with softdev's sdmc.

But again, the header thing works just fine with dolphin and unoficial cards.

acantonyclark1

It is not easy to fix corrupted RAW Memory Card, if it is severely damaged. However you can recover your contents from the card. You can see the details on recovery here http://www.memorycardrecovery.biz
That's not the type of memory card we're talking about. The software you linked to only works the kind of cards you'd find on cellphones, cameras, etc, not official and unofficial GameCube memory cards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4