Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii U vs Wii Mod vs Wii Dolphin Emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ninjaturtle93

Right now I have a wii and enjoyed the few games I have and never touched it afterward. I have thought about trading it, sending it to amazon for trade specials or gamestop. Now I think I am stumped to sell it. I just got a Intel Motherboard that will up my system 64-bit, 8gb DDR2 800 Ram, GT240 1GB GDDR3, With Q8200 @ 2.3Ghz-2.6Ghz. My original idea was to hack, but that didn't seem right to me, because I thought about trading and selling it in the future. Now I am going to sell it and I think this dolphin emulator is the best thing that has happened to me in a long while. I have always wanted to use diff. controllers such as the xbox360 wired or Ps3 controller for the wii. The battery life and sensor bar always pissed me off. Angry Also I am new to forums thanks. Wink

Anyways Can I Run The Dolphin Emulator At Good FPS/Resolution on stock:
Q8200 @2.3Ghz 64-bit
8GB Dual Channel PC2-6400 DDR2800
Nvidia GT240 1GB GDDR3
Enough Hard Drive Space, 3 HDD in my Pc.
You don't get any good frame rate with that CPU .
Dolphin only need 2 cores CPU with high clock speed (3ghz+)
4Gb of Ram is good enough for windows 64 bit . The amount of ram won't matter , the bus speed is more important (800mhz vs 1333mhz vs 1600mhz) but it only gain alittle
If your budget is tight , you can go with Pentium Sandy Bridge (G620 , G860 ...) , you can upgrade to SB i5/i7 later
Edit : stay away from Nvidia GT 240 , get AMD 6670 instead
Well if you're getting Wii U, selling your Wii is no problem in any case. For Dolphin, don't expect most of your games to run fullspeed.
Softmodded Wii
Pros: Runs any wii or GC game without compatibility or performance issues.
Cons: Poor image quality, limited choice of inputs, it's not free, etc.

Dolphin
Pros: Runs both wii and GC games, good image quality, unlimited choice of inputs, it's free, etc.
Cons: May have issues with some games, performance may be poor in some games

Wii U
Pros: Runs wii and wii U games without compatibility or performance issues
Cons: Does not run GC games, wii games run with the same image quality as the wii, limited choice of inputs, not free, etc.

As the others have stated your system is not fast enough to run most games well with dolphin, especially with accurate settings.
What does Wii U have to do with this? Get one if you can, though.
Also, I wouldn't sell your Wii, emulators are not a reliable replacement. There is no point in selling it, you would probably get like, $20 for it... It's really not worth it.