Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ENB Series 0.003 with dolphin 3.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can anyone tell me if this is possible? i would like to use the enb shaders in dolphin.thanks
*facepalm*
there was a thread on here with someone saying they did it with enb along with instructions but i couldent follow it. there is all so videos on Youtube with dolphin running using enb shader..but its not explained how to do it. Can anyone explain?
Well you haven't provided any information. I can't even find any results on google for ENB Series 0.003 other than this thread and in all my years of using enbseries mods I have never heard of that version (or any general purpose version for that matter) so you need to show me what you're talking about.

To the best of my knowledge a general enbseries application or shader set has never been produced, just a bunch of application specific hooks and shaders designed for specific games. Sometimes they can be used with other games though (as long as the game uses d3d9c). His shaders are all written in HLSL so you would either need to modify the source code or get a hook to work using a post-processing shader. But I still don't know which specific shaders or version you're trying to use.

Quote:there was a thread on here with someone saying they did it with enb along with instructions but i couldent follow it. there is all so videos on Youtube with dolphin running using enb shader

Well can you find either of them and post them here? We're not wizards you know.

Edit: Found them. Here is the post: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=7132

Looks like he's using the GTA version. Just copy and replace the d3d9.dll file as well as the ENBSeries.ini file into your dolphin directory. You'll need to use a 32 bit dolphin build though (which can sometimes be substantially slower than the 64 bit builds) since it's a 32 bit .dll. You'll also need to be using the d3d9 video backend in dolphin. You can edit the ENBSeries.ini file to change the settings. Although quite frankly I'm not sure why you would want to use this mod with dolphin, it's basically just some post-processing bloom and color correction shaders which will make your games look substantially worse in my opinion. What graphics card do you have?

Don't expect every effect to work and don't expect every game to handle it without creating visual issues.
(02-03-2012, 07:23 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Well you haven't provided any information. I can't even find any results on google for ENB Series 0.003 other than this thread and in all my years of using enbseries mods I have never heard of that version (or any general purpose version for that matter) so you need to show me what you're talking about.

To the best of my knowledge a general enbseries application or shader set has never been produced, just a bunch of application specific hooks and shaders designed for specific games. Sometimes they can be used with other games though (as long as the game uses d3d9c). His shaders are all written in HLSL so you would either need to modify the source code or get a hook to work using a post-processing shader. But I still don't know which specific shaders or version you're trying to use.

Quote:there was a thread on here with someone saying they did it with enb along with instructions but i couldent follow it. there is all so videos on Youtube with dolphin running using enb shader

Well can you find either of them and post them here? We're not wizards you know.

Edit: Found them. Here is the post: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=7132

Looks like he's using the GTA version. Just copy and replace the d3d9.dll file as well as the ENBSeries.ini file into your dolphin directory. You'll need to use a 32 bit dolphin build though (which can sometimes be substantially slower than the 64 bit builds) since it's a 32 bit .dll. You'll also need to be using the d3d9 video backend in dolphin. You can edit the ENBSeries.ini file to change the settings. Although quite frankly I'm not sure why you would want to use this mod with dolphin, it's basically just some post-processing bloom and color correction shaders which will make your games look substantially worse in my opinion. What graphics card do you have?

Don't expect every effect to work and don't expect every game to handle it without creating visual issues.

yes thats the thread.sorry. iv been using the enb 00.3(the one without the dx9 dll)for skyrim thats why i was asking. but since u say u need 32 bit and i use 64 bit..i dont see much point in trying it now..my gfx card is an ati 5870 matrix 2 gig though
Quote: iv been using the enb 00.3

You mean 0.103? There is no 0.3 version.

Quote:(the one without the dx9 dll)

They all have a d3d9.dll file, that's part of how it works.
(02-03-2012, 08:06 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: iv been using the enb 00.3

You mean 0.103? There is no 0.3 version.

Quote:(the one without the dx9 dll)

They all have a d3d9.dll file, that's part of how it works.

yea my bad 0.103 but it dose not use a dx9dll file anymore...as in you dont need the dx9.dll file in the root dir for it to work anymore.you just run the enbinjector
It just uses enbseries.dll as a proxy instead.