Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How SOULD dolphin work with...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AMD Athlon dual core processor 5000+ 2.60ghz
3 gigs ram

Cause at the moment Im pullin like 5-8 fps and my shit runs smooth with all modern games...riddle me that! ...do i need to download a patch or wtf?

Any help is appreciated Wink
tell about
- the game
- your preferences in config/gfx/dsp

there are certain games with certain scenes where your pc will unlikely get more then 2-3fps

and there are others where you could get many hunderts of fps.

sometimes that can happen inside ONE game ! (example : huge area vs starting screen)

just talking about any number without information which game and situation is worthless.
(06-22-2009, 04:59 AM)Iulius Wrote: [ -> ]tell about
- the game
- your preferences in config/gfx/dsp

there are certain games with certain scenes where your pc will unlikely get more then 2-3fps

and there are others where you could get many hunderts of fps.

sometimes that can happen inside ONE game ! (example : huge area vs starting screen)

just talking about any number without information which game and situation is worthless.

Fair enough- forgive me... ok heres the deal-

Game is metroid prime. Starting screen shoots between 15-30 fps, if I wait all that out to the point where I can actually control the guy- it doesnt get ANY better (thickens down to 5-6 fps), and in fact when i DID wait it out and begin to creeeeeeeeeep dolphin came up with an error....something about POSSIBLY not being able to run THAT type or formated iso? i think thats what it said...idk- i just tryed to make it happen again and this time windows closed it so....whatever

and as far as configurations go... its default- standard. I havent even begun to play with that stuff... don't even know where to begin...

gcp111

(06-22-2009, 05:16 AM)Catanacism Wrote: [ -> ]and as far as configurations go... its default- standard. I havent even begun to play with that stuff... don't even know where to begin...

Go to Config and turn on "Enable Dual Core" Tongue
(06-22-2009, 05:24 AM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2009, 05:16 AM)Catanacism Wrote: [ -> ]and as far as configurations go... its default- standard. I havent even begun to play with that stuff... don't even know where to begin...

Go to Config and turn on "Enable Dual Core" Tongue

HAHA- tysvm, anything else I should know? Big Grin Undecided

Edit:

Perhaps the answer to my other predicament can be figured out here as well... that error just popped up again...it says its using the "TLB" to map memory... and Dolphin doesnt support that...NOW what do i do? Or is there anything I CAN do?
for max performance :

(better perform step by step, it could break the game)

- dualcore
- idle skipping
- all 5 advanced setting on (should be on default)

in gfx :
- native resolution
- dont use real xfb (should be on default)
- enhancements all lowest

in gfx -advanced :
- efb-copy : disable (tick)
- all other off

thats pretty much all you can do.

Metroid is known to need very good hardware so dont exspect to run it at full speed.
(06-22-2009, 05:38 AM)Iulius Wrote: [ -> ]for max performance :

(better perform step by step, it could break the game)

- dualcore
- idle skipping
- all 5 advanced setting on (should be on default)

in gfx :
- native resolution
- dont use real xfb (should be on default)
- enhancements all lowest

in gfx -advanced :
- efb-copy : disable (tick)
- all other off

thats pretty much all you can do.

Metroid is known to need very good hardware so dont exspect to run it at full speed.

Thank you too Iulius, turning on the dual core REALLY helped- also turning enhancements to lowest... if you could- please refer back to my last edited post and see if you can't help me figure that problem out... if not thanks anyways Wink
use save texture cache for metriod games. (makes the game run a bit slower ... but it is working then)
(06-22-2009, 06:06 AM)FloW3184 Wrote: [ -> ]use save texture cache for metriod games. (makes the game run a bit slower ... but it is working then)

Ill let ya know if it works friend Wink
(06-22-2009, 06:06 AM)FloW3184 Wrote: [ -> ]use save texture cache for metriod games. (makes the game run a bit slower ... but it is working then)

And that DID do the trick... tyvm thank you ALL for all the help!

cmccmc

metroid prime is also a very cpu intensive game so don't expect to get fullspeed